M&P 9c

This is a discussion on M&P 9c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the fun shop and finally held the M&P in my hand and it felt great. I have a big decision before next weekends ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: M&P 9c

M&P 9c

Went to the fun shop and finally held the M&P in my hand and it felt great. I have a big decision before next weekends gun show, too many guns and so little time. I have it narrowed down to these 3:
    M&P 9c
    XDm 3.8 compact 9
    Glock 19

Guess I will hold all 3 at the gun show and see which one "feels" the best
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    M&P9c
    all the way
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I have a Glock 19, but, I don't like how thick it is for carry.
    I have a few M&Ps, but, none of the compact models--yet. Two of my friends have the compact models. I have fairly small hands, but, find it impossible to do a fast magazine change with the compacts because my hand hits the spent mag during ejection, and doesn't come out all the way. One of my friends that has pretty big hands had problems with his "weak" hand hitting the mag release while firing, and it would drop the mag. He took a Dremel to the mag button, and no longer has issues.

MP or the XD only real two options
    both fine weapons
    BigJon10125 likes this.

i'd go with the S&W M&P/Springfield XDm 2nd..Glock just has too many problems at this time..

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    M&P9c
    all the way
    I love my M&P9c. I'd be surprised if you weren't happy with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    MP or the XD only real two options
    both fine weapons
    Really, lol?

I'd stick to the M&P9c and the Glock 19. Both are very reliable and durable, and both are proven by LE.

One thing: Be prepared to drop $89 for this trigger kit [ https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid35.html ] if you go with the M&P. The stock trigger sucks.

Anyways, I'm very happy with my Glocks, and I'll be carrying this Glock 19 for a VERY long time to come.

Philly Boy likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Go with the M&P 9c or Glock, both will serve you well. If you get the Glock be ready to spend 100.00 to get rid of the plastic sights, 25.00 for a decent slide stop, 25.00 for a 3.5 connector for the trigger.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Go with the M&P 9c or Glock, both will serve you well. If you get the Glock be ready to spend 100.00 to get rid of the plastic sights, 25.00 for a decent slide stop, 25.00 for a 3.5 connector for the trigger.
    Wouldn't you need to get $100 night sights for an M&P as well?

And why do you need a different slide stop or trigger connector? Nobody at Suarez that I know uses an aftermarket slide stop, because nobody uses the slide stop for anything important. What 'stressful' situation could you find yourself in where you'd need a different slide stop?

And the trigger connector is totally unnecessary unless you absolutely can't hit your first shot. However, I've seen more than one person put a bullet into steel targets with stock trigger Glocks from 100 yards away.
    Philly Boy likes this.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    M&P or Glock.

For me, I find the compact XDm's grip to be slightly too long to get my pinky under it, but not long enough to keep my pinky on it. Just doesn't work for me.

I recently bought a M&P 9c, couldn't be happier. First trip to the range and it performed perfect.

I like the M&P. Mine runs well. The SA is also very good, but the factory sights are terrible. I put a set of Trijicon HDs on my XDm. Whole different gun. My M&P came with Novak tritium sights, so no mods needed. Either would be a fine choice.

M&P9c all the way.I'd narrowed my choice down to those exact three but it wasn't until I held the M&P that I knew which one it would be. Bud's just shipped my M&P9c so I am looking forward to picking it up next week!

I just bought the wife the M&P 9 compoact. She loves it. Bought 2 extra mags as well, she hates to load them up. Thought about the XDM9, but decided on the M&P. Turns out the XDM is actually made in Croatia, only imported by Springfield, so that was the deal breaker there. Need the S&W guarantee and American made parts, service, etc.
    paching and Philly Boy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Wouldn't you need to get $100 night sights for an M&P as well?

And why do you need a different slide stop or trigger connector? Nobody at Suarez that I know uses an aftermarket slide stop, because nobody uses the slide stop for anything important. What 'stressful' situation could you find yourself in where you'd need a different slide stop?

And the trigger connector is totally unnecessary unless you absolutely can't hit your first shot. However, I've seen more than one person put a bullet into steel targets with stock trigger Glocks from 100 yards away.
    AZ,

My M&P9c came with trjicon night sights. As far as the Glock parts I could honestly careless what Suarez uses. I can swing different ways on his opinions. I do like that he is an AK guy though! I tend to put those upgrades on all my own personal Glocks. You may chose whatever you like. neither is right or wrong it's just personal preference.

As far as needing a connector to hit my first shot is total hogwash. I just think it makes a Glock stock trigger a bit better. When I head back to AZ if I have more time on the next business trip I will pm you. Then I will proceed to hit 100 yard shots with a double action revolver only after crushing that same target with an M&P9 with a stock trigger. That would go down as impossible in your book right? LoL

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

sgb
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links