Bersa...opinions

This is a discussion on Bersa...opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am wanting a G30 like pistol (45 acp) that I can use as my new edc...trying to preserve the finish on my Kimber by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bersa...opinions

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Bersa...opinions

I am wanting a G30 like pistol (45 acp) that I can use as my new edc...trying to preserve the finish on my Kimber by using another weapon as edc....trying stay under$500

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If you want to be under $500 and get a pistol "like" a Glock then I suggest you buy a Glock.
    wormy likes this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The Bersa/Firestorm .45 is a solid handgun like all Bersa products. Not as well finished and polished as some of the higher end guns but very sound mechanically and they are reliable and a good value.

That being said, I purchased this like new G30 for $500 OTD 2 months ago, so I say save a few more pennies and get the G30. Its a superb handgun.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Well the purpose of "like" a glock is to solicit suggestions for guns with similar features at a lesser cost. I have a G27. But I want a 45 cal. Just don't want to spend over $500. Guess I didn't break that down clearly enough.

We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

you might take a look at the Kahr CW45 single stack 6+1. Around $350 on the internet at Buds and Davidsons. Great little pistol that is so easy to carry. Bersas are fine, but a little thick and heavy and only carry 7+1. I have both.

"Glock Like"

"Not Glock Like"

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Have you thought about a Springfield?
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    Well the purpose of "like" a glock is to solicit suggestions for guns with similar features at a lesser cost. I have a G27. But I want a 45 cal. Just don't want to spend over $500. Guess I didn't break that down clearly enough.

My point was that a Glock is in your stated pricerange. Glocks are so common that with very little work you could find a new one for $475ish or a new used one for around $450 or less.

I just bought a new one last fall for $468.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Not glock like but fits your price range and an excellent gun for the money, I own this in stainless, more difficult to carry heavy and large, but it can be done, giexpert.PNG....If you want glock like and not a glock go with a sprinfield XD also right at 500 new...
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

My opinion of Bersa is that they're the most underrated guns available. The finish on them wears fast but they're reliable as the day is long. That being said, $500 Glocks are everywhere... but you can score a used Bersa all day for $300 if you look also. Some people have a problem with DA/SA triggers though... I'm a Sig fanboy so I actually prefer them.

I second the Kahr CW45. Very concealable and surprisingly accurate fr it's size.

Love the XD line of SA but price is often more than Glock

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post

That's the point you can find a G30 for 5 bills or under if you look hard enough. Otherwise look at the XD, M&P, or Kahr they are more Glock like than the Bersa.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    My opinion of Bersa is that they're the most underrated guns available. The finish on them wears fast but they're reliable as the day is long.
    finish on the matte Bersas is actually very durable....tennifer treated steel, but is not very attractively applied. These two Bersas have been carried and beaten to death. Practically no finish wear.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Ferritic nitrocarburizing (tenifer, melonite, etc.) is a dull, grey color and is a metal treatment, not a finish. You won't likely "wear" it off. What you are wearing off is the black finish, usually a phosphate coating such as pakerizing or something similar.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I have a thunder 380 nice pistol works well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links