Do you carry a low budget handgun? - Page 10

Do you carry a low budget handgun?

This is a discussion on Do you carry a low budget handgun? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No. I figure they're low-cost for a reason. That's just me....

View Poll Results: Do you carry a hi point or cobra?

Voters
592. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

357 60.30%
  • Yes, I carry a Hi Point

8 1.35%
  • Yes, I carry a Cobra

2 0.34%
  • No, but I would carry a Hi-point or Cobra if I thats all I had

225 38.01%
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes

Thread: Do you carry a low budget handgun?

No. I figure they're low-cost for a reason. That's just me.

I wouldn't carry a low budge gun because I wouldn't want to gamble my life on a problematic gun. (I normally try to save money at every opportunity but this isn't one.)

I would save up until I could buy something more reliable. (if I already had $200 a little more should buy you a better quality gun.)

Cheap guns look dorky.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Ex Member
    I own a LOT of firearms but I wouldn't hesitate to carry either.

Why would I choose to carry a "low-budget" handgun? What's my life worth? Most "low budget" pistols will be shot out with practice alone. Dependable? Why leave it up to question? Hi-Point or Cobra? I'll just revert back to my martial arts thanks.

I believe that the bad guy really doesn't care how expensive the gun that was used to stop him costs....
    Kilowatt3 and Taurahe like this.

Will I carry .....okay?

My CHCL is in the mail. I keep shopping for a .380 or 9mm and when I mention a HiPoint everyone in the store rolls their eyes and laughs. But when I ask if their opinion is based on their experience with the gun, they've never owned one! I have enjoyed this discussion and it will help me choose. Thanks.

Yes but not any of the choices in the pole. I regularly carry an EAA Windicator .357 Mag. I have never had an issue with it.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    MIA/POW , Bring em home or Send us back

Depends on what you consider a low budget handgun. I have guns that range from just a tad over three hundred dollars and up to just under a thousand. The hundred dollars ones are Smith J frames, and I think we all can agree that their quality is very good, so IMO the better question might be; do you carry a low quality firearm?

"He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

If that is all I could truly afford, of course I'd carry a low-budhet handgun. I can afford more though I am not a gun-snob. I prefer to carry something reliable, accurate, and concealable. I also prefer to carry 9mm or bigger. My Kahr CW9 is my slim 9 that I carry a lot based on clothing and places.

I carry a HK P2000 .357 Sig or a HK USPc .45 when in the woods or when I can cover appropriately. I'd carry Glocks if I felt safe enough with that stacky and short trigger. I have owned mostly Glocks and HKs.

I have a Hi Point .40 S&W and I don't carry it because my pants would always be around my around my ankles. I would need a logging chain for a belt. I love that gun though..lol. Yes I would carry it if that's all I had because it's accurate as heck. My carry gun is a S&W M&P 9c.😄

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I say YES, anything is better than nothing. I have had a HI-Point and I called it my garbage gun, I bought this gun when they first started out. I paid $75.00 for it new. And i couldnt believe it was so cheap, I just had to buy one. I shot a lot of rounds with this gun and it never gave me a problem. I since gave it to a buddy and he still shoots it alot when hes on his land. So would people look at these guns different if there price tags were $300-$400.00 and increased the quality? I have also had a S&W that would give me at least one FTE every mag. I think its great that there are affordable guns for everyones budget.

Personally, Ive shot a Cobra .380 and it was nothing but problems. Something my idiot brother decided to buy, even though he could easily afford a much nicer, quality gun. Absolutely not on that one. I'd rather carry a rock, since that's about what it equates to.

As for a Hi-Point, I doubt it. Although I have no personal experience with them, I think I would prefer to save up for a few months and get something better.

That doesn't mean you can't get a quality gun on a budget. I paid a tad over $300 for my S&W Sigma, and it is a quality gun at a great price. It's proven itself to be my most reliable gun to date with approximately 2,000 rounds through it and ZERO malfunctions.

I tend not to skimp on my weapons. That's just me tho.

my first gun was a Saturday Night Special. a 9mm Jennings. an $85 piece of crap that like to go off sometimes if the slide was released. and the slide liked to release itself when you inserted a magazine. problematic to say the least. second biggest turd I've owned was a Ruger P91 that fired twice with every trigger pull even after a trip to the shop. its amazing how much more gun just $100 more can sometimes get. (that's a slippery slope though)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links