looking for some holster advice

This is a discussion on looking for some holster advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well fellow DC members I am once again looking for your advice. Y'all haven't steered me wrong yet so please don't fail me now! Lol. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: looking for some holster advice

Question looking for some holster advice

Well fellow DC members I am once again looking for your advice. Y'all haven't steered me wrong yet so please don't fail me now! Lol. I am looking to start carrying my m&p 9c owb. I just like the idea of being able to wear what I practice with and what not. I always carry iwb as of now. I use a cbst and love it but its hard to draw from and reholster for me because I have it so low iwb for maximum concealment. I am now between the dm bullard bodyguard and the raven phantom. I want comfortable and concealed because here in gods country you unfortunately can't open carry without going to jail. So what say you? I know there are 1,000,000 options so give me the most concealable owb holster that is comfortable for a relatively small gun. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Ads

I have two DM Bullard Dual Carry holsters. Great holsters but they sit in a drawer.
    I have two Milt Sparks VM2 holsters. Great holsters but they usually sit in a drawer.
    I have four Minotaur M-TAC holsters and I wear one daily. The CBST is a great holster but I just find the M-TAC that much more effective, versatile, and comfortable.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Don Hume J.I.T. slide. Both comfortable and affordable (around $27). Take a look at GunnersAlley.com This is my favorite holster. I have one for my PM9, G26/19, Ruger LCR, and Springfield XD9sc.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I have both a Don Hume JIT and a K&D custom holster ($55) for my Glock 19 &23. Both very comfortable and affordable. I will tell you that the key to comfortable carry is to get a good gun belt. It makes all the difference.
    paching likes this.

For OWB CC I really like the Mitch Rosen line. Snug against the body, easy to draw and reholster.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Hows the concealment factor on these? This is one of my biggest concerns

The grip and corners of the mags are what print through my shirt. All of the OWB holsters will hold it tight and comfortable. It's a good cover garment for OWB that conceals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhhhh got ya Yoda.....you were always a wise old bat! Lol.
    So i should stick with iwb? If so I'm going to stay with cross breed

sgb
    When looking at OWB holsters you need to look for a holster that pulls the butt of the gun in snug to the body. A quality gun belt is an important part of the equation as well.

"There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Hows the concealment factor on these? This is one of my biggest concerns
    I agree that a good gunbelt makes all the difference. I use a a Beltman Belt.
    The M-TAC CAN be had with j-clips or velcro clips for max concealment, I just use standard clips.
    The Sparks VM2 you can buy tuckable clips that do conceal under the belt. The clips are proprietary.
    The Bullard comes with metal clips that I felt stuck out like a sore thumb but you can replace them with the clips from the M-TAC or any others since the design of the holster is not proprietary.

My opinion is tht the M-TAC conceals best of the three I listed. I have to go business casual and have no issue with a pair of Dockers and an oxford shirt tucked in.

OWB will not conceal with a tucked in shirt unless you are wearing a jacket.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

TT Gunleather DDOE. Double snap holster, quick on and off. I carry a 226 Stainless Elite. That's a big gun. Keeps it pulled in tight. Give them a look.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    I have a Bullard Bodyguard for my Colt, with the generous amount of cant it works well farther back ~ 4-5:30. I find it well made and it carries a heavier, longer barreled handgun well while still keeping it concealed under a shirt.
    DSC00776.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I have two DM Bullard Dual Carry holsters. Great holsters but they sit in a drawer.
    I have two Milt Sparks VM2 holsters. Great holsters but they usually sit in a drawer.
    I have four Minotaur M-TAC holsters and I wear one daily. The CBST is a great holster but I just find the M-TAC that much more effective, versatile, and comfortable.
    I find this to be true as well . My hkp30 carries very well in a comp tac holster . It may not be very trendy or flashy but is comfortable and very practical.

Senior Member Array MotorCityGun's Avatar
    Do you have any preference for leather or kydex? If kydex, I highly recommend this outfit Personal Security Systems Kydex Holsters. Also, these are IWB/OWB interchangeable.

EDC_2011_2.jpg
    My M&P 40c is EDC in one of these.
    “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” - Ben Franklin

NRA Life

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    That is a great looking holster. I have a couple 1911s and that style of holster would be perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links