M&P 9C trigger

This is a discussion on M&P 9C trigger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know I'm new here but I have a 9c and I HIGHLY recommend the Apex DCAEK (Duty Carry Aciton and Enhancement Kit). Replaces the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: M&P 9C trigger

I know I'm new here but I have a 9c and I HIGHLY recommend the Apex DCAEK (Duty Carry Aciton and Enhancement Kit). Replaces the factory sear and striker block with their own as well as supplying their own spring's. Brought the trigger pull down to a clean an consistent 5.5 lb. pull :D.

Welcome to Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc.

2. Remove Ads

I have put a few hundred rounds thru my 9c. The trigger does not bother me, nor do I think it affects my accuracy. If you want to carry it, you have to consider how you explain a modified gun to a lawyer if you ever have to use it in self defense.
    My full size has been used more and the trigger is a tad bit smoother. Neither trigger bothers me and I would not consider changing them.
    Spend your money on ammo or a nice holster!
    genauwiedu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    The trigger has a lot of grit feeling to it on the take up.
    Mine is stock and has no grit.

I own a M&P 9c and very please w/ no issues. In my opinion, you should rent the gun at your local gun range and test it first because it's all about personal preference.
    "A free man is he who does not fear to go to the end of his thought."

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    So I basically see three issues:
    1) Gritty take up.
    2) Very faint reset.
    3) Feeling of two seperate resets.

The good news is that there are solutions of various degrees for all these problems.

You can completely eliminate the grit by either polishing the firing pin safety or replacing it from one from Apex.

The two seperate "resets" can also be eliminated by reducing the actual reset point with either a new sear from Apex or filing/polishing the sear yourself. The replacement firing pin safety also helps this situation.

At this time there is only so much you can do about the actual reset and how tactile it feels/sounds. Apex has their RAM, but it only does so much. Apex is coming out with a different version which is suppose to be even better. You can also slightly bend the trigger bar to add some pressure on the sear.

Overall, it isn't too bad and the way the M&P firing system is designed makes it easy to gunsmith on to change the characteristics. Just takes some work on your part.
    I'd agree with the first 2 asthese were issues with my M&P9. I added an Apex Tactical DCAEK and it made a world of difference. This is a job you can do yourself.

I like it the way it is. I've only put about 400 rounds through mine and I am noticing a difference. I'm not going to install the Apex kit in mine. It shortens the trigger pull and, although that's great for competition, I prefer the extra pull in a concealed carry gun. Besides, if you train with it you will become accustomed to it so it won't bother you at all.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links