Seecamp .380 or Kahr PM9?

This is a discussion on Seecamp .380 or Kahr PM9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If I was looking at a PM9....... I would change my mind and quickly buy a CM9......... (I did) The +$250 you saved (minus my ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Seecamp .380 or Kahr PM9?

If I was looking at a PM9....... I would change my mind and quickly buy a CM9.........

(I did)

The +$250 you saved (minus my fee......:) ) would go to buy more ammo..... or something else fun

I pocket carry the CM9 without a problem. The differences between a PM9 and CM9 is
    almost negligible for a defensive handgun.

Just be aware. Regardless of size, a pocket carry will NEVER be as fast to draw as a would a draw with a good IWB holster.

I will also chime in and say that a 9mm is the absolute minimum caliber I would ever consider going out with. Most of my carry is with an M&P 45 compact.

The question to ask yourself..... WHAT IF I ONLY GET ONE SHOT? ... What if the BG is shooting back at me?

Do I want a small bullet or larger bullet in that case?

(Many CCW encounters are 1-3 shots)
    stevez likes this.
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

2. Remove Ads

I think you should go with your heart. I know that you may like the PM9 if you go with that, but you're still going to want the Seecamp and wonder if you made the right choice. It's hard to veto your heart on matters like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff_P239 View Post
    I think you should go with your heart. I know that you may like the PM9 if you go with that, but you're still going to want the Seecamp and wonder if you made the right choice. It's hard to veto your heart on matters like this.
    Thanks, it's almost like buying a Harley. Your mind is saying buy a Japanese cruiser, they are more reliable, powerful and handle better. But your heart keeps going back to a HOG. Then again a +p 9mm may save your life though.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

Quote Originally Posted by dean1818 View Post

Just be aware. Regardless of size, a pocket carry will NEVER be as fast to draw as a would a draw with a good IWB holster.

Not if you are walking with your hand already in your pocket and on the gun.
    Glockwatcher and 10thmtn like this.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified

If you're considering a PM9, then your "deep cover" requirement must not be TOO deep. It's a great, very compact 9mm, but not in the same size class as the micro .380's. The Seecamp is a lot of bucks for a pretty slight concealment advantage over an LCP or a P3AT (and it's heavier). I'd say, if you can accommodate the size of the Kahr, get it. If not, look at an LCP or P3AT. If concealment is the #1 criterion and you're rolling in dough, get the Seecamp.

Just my opinion, FWIW...

Regards,
    Jim

JMO, and I didn't read all the post so if it has been mentioned already I'll just say that I second it.

I read somewhere a while back that the SC's are designed to run pretty much on one type of round and any deviation could result in reliability issues.. I don't know this to be factual, but when I was reading up on um, that was the general consensus. I don't have the PM9, but I do have the CM9 and to date I have yet to experience any malfunctions using the three main types of SD ammo that I sport.. Just something to ponder. Good luck with your choice.

The SC is a awesome looking pocket pistol BTW...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

WARNING - OFF Topic!

Quote Originally Posted by ajgranda View Post
    Thanks, it's almost like buying a Harley. Your mind is saying buy a Japanese cruiser, they are more reliable, powerful and handle better. But your heart keeps going back to a HOG. Then again a +p 9mm may save your life though.
    Since you started it...
    Bet you haven't owned both a Harley and a Japanese cruiser. If so, you'd know that Harleys (these days) are just as reliable, if not more so, than the imports. Granted, the Japanese bikes are more powerful. Handling? There's a reason the Shriners use Electra-Glides for their riding exhibitions!
    Most Harley riders who switched from Japanese bikes would never go back. Every Japanese cruiser rider I know who ever had a Harley wishes he still did. OK - 'Nuff said.

Regards,
    Jim
    Last edited by Kilowatt3; February 13th, 2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    Since you started it...
    Bet you haven't owned both a Harley and a Japanese cruiser. If so, you'd know that Harleys (these days) are just as reliable, if not more so, than the imports. Granted, the Japanese bikes are more powerful. Handling? There's a reason the Shriners use Electra-Glides for their riding exhibitions!
    Most Harley riders who switched from Japanese bikes would never go back. Every Japanese cruiser rider I know who ever had a Harley wishes he still did. OK - 'Nuff said.

Regards,
    Jim
    Yep, owned a 95 Heritage, 93 Yamaha Vmax and 08 Yamaha Raider. That's why I said what I did.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified

Quote Originally Posted by ajgranda View Post
    Yep, owned a 95 Heritage, 93 Yamaha Vmax and 08 Yamaha Raider. That's why I said what I did.
    OK - I stand corrected on the "bet you haven't owned both" part. But I stand by my comments on reliability and handling.

So, when are you going to upgrade to your next Harley?

Apologies to all for hijacking the thread - I'll shut up now.

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    And there you have it OP Completely conflicting recommendations and opinions. Glad we could all be of help! From the bottom of our collective hearts we were happy to confuse you even more.
    LOL here. Go with what fits best in your hands. Next would be your budget and what you feel is the best bang for your buck.
    I know, at one point in time, if you had a problem with your Seecamp, Larry would let you come to the shop/facility, and he/they would work on it as you waited. Now THAT'S true customer service.
    I'm sure things at Seecamp may have changed a bit, but one thing holds true today. If it doesn't work right, Seecamp WILL make it work right. I have owned a couple Seecamps in the past. Wish I had em now for the money I paid for em.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Administrator
    Larry Seecamp = Great Guy.

IMO for deep cover and a BUG a seecamp is the way to go if you can afford it. Thats a great little gun, I wish I had kept mine..
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

VIP Member
    I like my kel Tec P32 for being lighter, thinner. I run a silver tip in the barrel then rest all hardball. It is in my front pocket now sitting in a hedley leather holster.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Have you considered the Sig p239?

Pm9 ...end of debate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links