Seecamp .380 or Kahr PM9?

This is a discussion on Seecamp .380 or Kahr PM9? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I can only speak to what I know, and I know that PM9 is a quality piece and to me is preferable to any 380....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Seecamp .380 or Kahr PM9?

I can only speak to what I know, and I know that PM9 is a quality piece and to me is preferable to any 380.

2. Remove Ads

I'll spend $770 for a .380 anything when pigs fly and the Cubs win the World Series.....

Go with the better defensive pistol....PM/CM9. If you want a cute little jewel to carry, buy a Rolex.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by ajgranda View Post
    Not if you are walking with your hand already in your pocket and on the gun.
    I pocket carry my CM9 sometimes.

But......... What if you arent standing up?

What if you are at a stoplight and somebody tries to carjack you?

(Hopefully you arent driving with your hand deep in your pocket)

What if you are sitting at a restaurant and something quickly goes down.
    Standing up to get your pocket carry out, might make you a quicker target.

We spend much more time sitting on our keester than standing up.

A sitting down pocket carry draw is SLOW.... can be done..... but SLOW

Thats my only point, and somebody that only front pocket carries should consider

Back to original programming
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I own both and carry both whenever I can. Seecamp in my back pocket and Kahr on my ankle. I don't worry too much about caliber. If I ever have to fire, I'm emptying the gun. Too many perps can still kill you filled with lead.

I think I read you say that you know the 9mm will be a more potent round and that you specifically asked about concealability and not for a 9mm vs 380 depate. So, going by your request, if deep cover is the primary criteria, the Seecamp is the better choice. In relative gun terms, it is way, way smaller. The Seecamp is smaller than a kahr 380 which is smaller than aa pm9. The Seecamp can easily drop into coat, pants, shirt, hoody, jacket rather easily.

Unless your somewere were its illegal to carry or James Bond you shouldn't need to deep conceal to the Seecamps level of size. I have sold all other sub compacts other than my PM9 as for the ones Ive sold that were smaller than the PM9 it was because of there triggers
    Mossberg Maverick 88, Saiga 12, FN FNAR, SKS, SKS Paratrooper, AK-74, Marlin 60, Mosin Nagant 91/30, Browning A bolt II, Kahr PM9, Hi Point C9, Glock 20 (29 chop), Walther P22, Tauras PT92AF, Colt LE6920, Marlin 60SN, Mak-90

I would suggest the Seecamp 32 instead of the 380. It's half the cost and easy to shoot. The "effective" difference between 32 and 380 out of a tiny pistol is minimal. Obviously if the cm9 works size wise it's the better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    PM9
    Yep
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

I was debating something similar.. then the CM9 came out. As mentioned above, for CCW purposes there is no difference between the CM9 and the PM9, and you're gonna save a couple hundred bucks. That makes the "Seecamp vs. Kahr" debate a whole lot easier. I picked mine up for... under $500 I believe.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    I would suggest the Seecamp 32 instead of the 380. It's half the cost and easy to shoot. The "effective" difference between 32 and 380 out of a tiny pistol is minimal. Obviously if the cm9 works size wise it's the better choice.
    I concur. If I had to have a Seecamp, I would get the Seecamp 32. If I was absolutely insistent on getting the Seecamp 380, I would instead get the Masterpiece Arms MPA380B-ll. It is the same size as the Seecamp 380/32, with ported barrels, smooth recoil, all metal, less than half the cost of the Seecamp 380 and even less cost than the Seecamp 32.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    If "BUG/deep concealment" means a second gun, that will be be on your person along with another weapon, then follow your heart. Larry Seecamp makes a quality product.

If this is to be a regularly-carried, "one" gun, well, then, be cognizant of the limitations of any pocket pistol, and in particular, the limitations of one with no sights whatsoever, a very small grip, and which will not lock open when empty. I want a "primary" weapon that fills my hand, in a substantial way, and can be used at speed, at range. Neither of the two pistols being discussed here really fit that description, but the Seecamp is obviously farther away from it. I have skinny fingers, and my middle finger is the only finger really able to contribute to gripping the Seecamp, as the ring finger can barely touch, and pinkie is not able to grab anything.

I will add my voice to the chorus recommending the LWS-32. The craftsmanship is still there, but the cost is lower, and the
    recoil less. Keep in mine that if one can only achieve a one-finger grip, even a .380 will be a handful. I see the .380 Seecamp as more of a keepsake/collectible.

On the rare occasions I am carrying my Seecamp LWS-32 as my only gun, I really do not see myself as being able to use tactics that I would if carrying something more substantial. I don't think upping the cartridge to .380 ACP would change that feeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links