Looking for some .45 Help Please - Page 2

Looking for some .45 Help Please

This is a discussion on Looking for some .45 Help Please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have a look at a Kahr CW45. Here's another vote for the CW45. I've mostly been carrying the 1911 (both a Commander as well as ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Looking for some .45 Help Please

Have a look at a Kahr CW45.
    Here's another vote for the CW45. I've mostly been carrying the 1911 (both a Commander as well as an Officer's size) lately, but just recently bought a CW45. So far I've been very pleased w/ it. It's light, handles well, fits my hand nicely, recoil is not too bad and has been very reliable. In addition, one of the ACT 7 shot mags that came w/ my Citadel Officer's size works perfectly w/ the CW45; the other one doesn't always lock the slide open on the last shot. So far I've been carrying it in a Remora Officer's model holster, but I'm looking forward for the arrival of the Side Guard Tuck Clip holster I have on order.

Never said the 9mm was garbage. Just don't wanna go down a caliber. I'm just trying to go up a caliber. Nothing against 9mm. Sorry for the 9 disrespect

Might want to check out SA's new XDM compact .45 or their other one the new XDS single stack .45 w/3.3" barrel. I have the Glock 36 but would like to check out the XDS and the Khar CW45.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I've really enjoyed my G30 and it's functioned fine with all factory loads I've tried. The only change I made to it was to install an extended slide lock lever. The only issue (?) I have is the weight can get pretty heavy by day's end, but any pistol with 10+ rounds of 230 grain .45 ammo will do that. In hindsight, if I were in the market for a new carry gun, I'd take a serious look at the G36. A few less rounds, but one can carry a spare mag (or as many as needed for that proverbial gang of zombies).

I've held both the G30 and G30SF and I can't really tell any significant difference. It may to you, so I'd recommend gripping both as one may fit your hand better than the other.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I love my H&K, it's just a great gun. Conceals when I need it to, though I do find myself wearing larger clothes when I'm wearing that one rather than the PM9 or the Springfield Micro GI.45. It's much lighter than my micro GI. I really like it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

M&p......best polymer IMHO...no matter what caliber. Get the. 40 and have a .40, .357 sig, and a 9mm (lone wolf barrel) all in one package

I was wanting the G36 first because of size and weight but I figured the G30 would make more sense with the extra ammo and the optional mags.
    I was thinking about getting the G30 along with a Remora holster.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I don't know, this is a really nice 45 to carry.IMG_0314.jpg
    Sig 45 Scorpion 4" barrel. I love my SA XD 45 but this is just a nice gun.
    jblives2ride likes this.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

FWIW - another vote for the M&P 45c. I had it for about a year, no problem concealing IWB and has been 100% reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by neuro01 View Post
    I just picked up a HK45c a couple weeks ago.

A very nice pistol, IMO.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cool

I have a Glock-21 that was my duty weapon until retirement.

It is a tad big and heavy but when properly concealed and carried in the right holster it is very comforting.

Here in Florida light clothing is the uniform of the day most of the year and I have found the Glock-36 ideal for that task.

Below is my G-36 in a Side Guard (forum sponsor) Quick Clip holster and mag pouch. I like this rig alot.

photo.JPG
    click image to enlarge....

Regards,

OS
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

I will throw my vote in for the CW45 also. I have been conceal carrying mine is a UBG IWB holster for about 6 months now with no problems at all. My Kahr hasn't had any performance issues and shoots better than I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary T View Post
    Here's another vote for the CW45. I've mostly been carrying the 1911 (both a Commander as well as an Officer's size) lately, but just recently bought a CW45. So far I've been very pleased w/ it. It's light, handles well, fits my hand nicely, recoil is not too bad and has been very reliable. In addition, one of the ACT 7 shot mags that came w/ my Citadel Officer's size works perfectly w/ the CW45; the other one doesn't always lock the slide open on the last shot. So far I've been carrying it in a Remora Officer's model holster, but I'm looking forward for the arrival of the Side Guard Tuck Clip holster I have on order.

I'll have to vote for G30sf whole heartedly. No pinky pinches and no failures of any kind. Easy enough to conceal in a decent holster. 10 + 1 while carrying with 13 round back up. What's not to like?

I have to plug the XD/XDm line here; stop by your LGS and fondle one. It never hurts to check out all your options; that being said there is no substitute for going and renting a bunch of guns and throwing some lead down range to see which is best for you.

-Russell
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Most of the .45's I've owned have been of the 1911 persuasion. I very much like the slimness of the 1911 design for IWB carry and carry a Colt Government Model fairly regularly. If Glock does it for you by all means buy another, but there are so many nice handguns out there that I don't own the same platforms in different calibers. I try to spread the love of ownership around on different designs.

Post up some pics for us when you decide what to bring home.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links