Looking for some .45 Help Please - Page 4

Looking for some .45 Help Please

This is a discussion on Looking for some .45 Help Please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I prefer the G36. It carries all day, easily. True, the round count is not as much as the 30, but I like the ergonomics ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Looking for some .45 Help Please

I prefer the G36. It carries all day, easily. True, the round count is not as much as the 30, but I like the ergonomics and it shoots fantastic with little recoil and quick back on target time. If you want the extra capacity and don't mind the extra width, I'd opt for the 30. I'm sure they both shoot about the same.
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    How easy or hard is it to CC the Glock 30?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    Easy I do it everyday. I love my glock 30, but in all honesty Im strongly considering buying a G19 and I may even decide to carry it.
    DPMS A.R 15
    Glock 30
    Mossberg Maverick 88
    Kel-Tec PF9
    Taurus Ultra-Lite .38

I carry the G36 and love it

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If you want a 45 just because, that's cool, go for it. But if you are shunning a 9mm because of whatever garbage you have heard about lack of stopping power or whatever, you are only fooling yourself, and spending more money doing it.
    That is funny! I was going to suggest he do himself an favor and get a G19 or G26
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I don't know, I think it's more than just because. It may be just because it's a better fight stopper. You can not argue that point. If you do, you're the one being fooled. Not that a 9mm is not up to par, it is with today's ammo. But a .45, especially with todays ammo is superior. The 9mm will always have more capacity, but it will also need it to equal a .45
    Light travels faster than sound...thats why some people appear bright before they speak

Saturday, I picked up a 36 and a Colt LWT Commander XSE. Sunday I took both to the range. I can see why everyone loves the 36. It will be a great summer carry. The Colt is my first 1911 so this is special.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I had a Colt Combat Commander once, before it was stolen along with some others. I really like that gun. Seemed to be the perfect size and balance

Quote Originally Posted by neuro01 View Post
    I just picked up a HK45c a couple weeks ago. It is quickly becoming my go-to gun and will be carrying it soon. I have been a 1911 guy for a long time and finally ventured into a polymer framed .45. Wish I would have done it sooner.
    I too went a similar path.

No love for the Beretta PX 4 Storm .45, huh? Well, I'll throw in here that I converted from the M9/92fs (from military service), and I've had zero issues with mine. It's my EDC, using the Crossbreed Supertuck.

Sig Sauer P220 Carry

When you want reliability and out of the box accuracy, can't beat a Sig. I'm loving my P220 carry. I use this for my daily ccw. I'm a big guy, 6'6", 275# , so carrying this weapon is no big deal. Might be tough to hide this on a 150 pounder.
    P220 Carry Sig Sauer goodness. Say hello to my leeeetle friend.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tpdtom View Post
    You need to experience a 1911
    Yes,This is what you need to explore. No Tupperware weapons here,all steel. Easy to conceal,accurate and they come with a Lifetime No Bull Warranty. The first pix is the Rock Island Tactical,next is the Compact,last is the GI model. Great weapons for under $500.00. You can`t beat them Period!.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I have a 1911 in my collection as I think everyone should have but to each his own.I love my glock 17 but I have S&W & 45 which is awesome and I love the trigger pull on it.I am sorry health issues prevent me from carrying my 1911 for many hours because of the weight I love it as it can carry 13 +1 if you can afford buying magazines that cost over fifty dollars! I bought 4 after market magazines for under $50.00.Granted I lost 2 round capacity.I comfortable having that 2 round deficiency for the money as it will give me more money for ammo!

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    You don't need to buy a 9mm, or a .357 you already have them... your G23 can be converted for $99..at cheaper than dirt or wolf GNS-139 - Barrel Glock 22 31 Conversion .40 S&W To 9mm Lone Wolf Match Grade Standard Length
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

If you're not interested in the 1911 platform and you plan on carrying a 45acp pistol, I think the three best 45 acp pistols for concealed carry are the:

1) Sig Sauer P220 "Carry" or "Compact" models, or
    2) Heckler and Koch HK45C, or
    3) Glock 30 or 30sf

The HK45C is supposed to have enhanced ergnomics over the USP pistol. If you have small or medium sized hands, the Glock 30sf will fit you better than the Glock 30.
    My edc alternates between the Sig P220 Carry and the Glock 30. I also own a Colt Lightweight Commander, but I don't carry it.....I don't like manual safeties.

I've shot all three and own two (Glock 30sf and Sig P220 Carry).

My personal favorite .....Sig Sauer P220 Carry... Reliable , to hell and back.
    P220 Carry Sig Sauer goodness. Say hello to my leeeetle friend.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links