Looking for some .45 Help Please

This is a discussion on Looking for some .45 Help Please within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello All. It's been a while since i last posted. I am in the market for a new gun with my tax return that should ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Looking for some .45 Help Please

Hello All.

It's been a while since i last posted. I am in the market for a new gun with my tax return that should be coming in any day now. Right now I only have the Gen 4 Glock 23. Don't get me wrong I love this gun and it's been my EDC since i bought it. But I do want to add another to the arsenal. I don't wanna go down in caliber since i already have .40 so i was thinking of getting a .45. The 1st gun I looked at was a Glock 30. Just wondering if anyone has/had a Glock 30 and can give me some insight. I'm also open to other ideas.....Let me have it.. Thanks guys!!!

VIP Member
    'Big G30SF fan here. I have no complaint.

Complaints that I have heard involve the width/grip. I'd recommend at least holding one, and shooting it if you can. Not everybody loves 'em, but I wouldn't do without one. Reliable, soft recoil, alarmingly fast on followup shots, and extremely accurate.

Have a look at a Kahr CW45.

Regards,
    Jim

H&K USP 45 compact

Have you considered the H&K USP 45 compact? I don't own this gun, but have the USP 40 compact and the USP 45 full size, and like them both. The USPs are extremely reliable, accurate and durable guns. The USP compacts are about the same size and weight as compact Glocks.

bigmacque likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

I have held the G30SF and like the way it feels. i'm definitely going to check out the Kahr and the H&K now.. Thanks for the help guys!

I second a hk .usp comp .45 . it won't be long and some body will try and talk you out of th 45 as a carry option .they will go want to tell you how the 9 millimeter is such a better cartridge and how to 45 is such a bad recoil round. Uog wash the 45 is an excellent choice for concealed carry a personal defense . the only thing that will scare people away from an h&k is price they are pricey but in my opinion they are 1 of the best .

I won't buy a 9mm...I want to go up from the .40 round not down..Lol they can TRY and talk me out of it but it will go in one ear and out the other

I'm in the market for a non-1911 .45 myself, and being a lefty i'm leaning towards the FNP-45. Its full ambi which is very nice. Was originally set on the CZ97bd but its mag release is non reversable. I do own and love glocks, but i just want something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc1103 View Post
    I won't buy a 9mm...I want to go up from the .40 round not down..Lol they can TRY and talk me out of it but it will go in one ear and out the other
    If you want a 45 just because, that's cool, go for it. But if you are shunning a 9mm because of whatever garbage you have heard about lack of stopping power or whatever, you are only fooling yourself, and spending more money doing it.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

The f&n line of pistols have to be the most under marketed line in the U.S. maybe next to walthers. They are very good quality.
    genauwiedu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc1103 View Post
    Never say never!

I used to say I'd never buy a 9mm - now I have three of them.

I'm a big fan of .45ACP, and thought the CW45 was the ultimate carry weapon until I found the CM9. The 9 is my preferred CCW most of the time now.

Regards,
    Jim

How easy or hard is it to CC the Glock 30?

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

I just picked up a HK45c a couple weeks ago. It is quickly becoming my go-to gun and will be carrying it soon. I have been a 1911 guy for a long time and finally ventured into a polymer framed .45. Wish I would have done it sooner.
    whittsailor likes this.

Take a look at the Glock 36 also.
    mwhartman likes this.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

XD45 or even the new XD45s. What about S&W M&P45c.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links