Defensive Carry banner

What color/configuration rear sight do you prefer?

POLL: What color rear sight to you prefer for CCW?

8K views 51 replies 35 participants last post by  Toorop 
#1 ·
Well, as most of you know my prototype Glock Combat Carry rear sight passed the torture test and actually surpassed all expectations. What most folks don’t know is that the design allows for quick change out of the rear blade with automatic re-zero.

That said, I’m thinking about a production run of sights with different color/configuration blades for it. I’d appreciate any input you care to offer. Thanks for taking part in the poll.

For those of you who haven’t seen the torture test, here it is:

For more information click on the link below:

Tactical Shooting Academy - Pro-Sights Store

#6 ·
I voted for white dots in the back. However, I think you should offer more than one type. Plain black, white dot, and a night sight would be a good start. BTW I love the green front sight. If only it would fit my Smith.....

#8 ·
First, if you are in a close quarters gunfight, the color or type of your sights aren't going to matter because there is a very high probability that you aren't going to be using them.

That being said, I have the Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights on my Glock 19, and all three dots are green.

#11 ·
Rear sight? There is a rear sight?

I like orange tritium on the back with green tritium on the front if I were to go with night sights BUT any color other than green has about half the duration before decay than green does.

Personally, I like a laser over night sights. After the first flash you wont be able to see NS anyway.

#13 ·
I have Glocks with Meps/green rear & yellow front, and Trij/all green...I prefer all green.OMO

#15 ·
For a defensive handgun, black in the back frees up your brain matter to focus on the the sight that matters. The human eye picks up green faster than any other color, so a green front only is the quickest sight to acquire. I prefer a black Novak rear sight.

#16 ·
I have tritium night sights: green rear/ green front on all of my Glocks. My wife's G27 has the standard Glock sights..... She says she doesent like night sights.... And she stays out of the pitch dark, says there are boogie men in there! :)

#18 ·
I will add that XS Big Dots really do make FAST target acquisition a reality for the first shot. They certainly are not intended for pin-point accuracy, but they will get you on target fast. Just dot the "i."

#22 ·
I have never actually seen those in real life, and everything I have heard about them has been positive. I would like to give them a try. Guess I"ll ask around next time I'm out shopping and see if I can find them.

#19 ·
the few times the gun has been between me and trouble, i wasn't noticing the rear sight.

the dot the " i " on sig p239 allows for aimed fire if the situation allows you the oppertunity.

if i were to change out anythingon some other guns, it would be the front sight with a bright orange insert
like whats on some smiths i have, or a gold bead

#20 ·
I may be way off "target" here (pun intended), but it seems to me that as long as the rears are the same color, the front and rear are highly contrasting, and the front is the MOST visible that the color shouldn't/doesn't matter all that much. That being said, most of it is probably preference and what works best for each individual shooter...just my two pennies worth.

-Russell

#27 ·
J-Point Red Dot rear sight. Dont need any tall front or rear sights in case the dot does not turn on. Fast Pick up and fast shoot. Battery is 1 year old and still going. I will change it out next month before my next "Gun Fighting" class.

#30 ·
Night sights - orange rear 2 dot and green front dot. This lets the front dot be a bit brighter than the rears for easy pick-up in low light. You can still see the rears.

For my snubby, I have stainless rear sights with a big dot on the front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.