POLL: What color rear sight to you prefer for CCW?

POLL: What color rear sight to you prefer for CCW?

This is a discussion on POLL: What color rear sight to you prefer for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, as most of you know my prototype Glock Combat Carry rear sight passed the torture test and actually surpassed all expectations. What most folks ...

View Poll Results: What color/configuration rear sight do you prefer?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plain Black

18 15.38%
  • White Dots (2)

14 11.97%
  • White Line (vertical)

5 4.27%
  • White Outline (around notch)

4 3.42%
  • Green Fiber Optic Dots (2)

8 6.84%
  • Red Fiber Optic Dots (2)

2 1.71%
  • Trititium Night Sight Dots (2)

51 43.59%
  • Tritium Night Sight Dot (1)

2 1.71%
  • Tritium Night Sight Bar

3 2.56%
  • Luminescent Outline (Glow Paint)

0 0%
  • Luminescent Vertical Line (Glow Paint)

0 0%
  • Luminescent (Glow Paint) Dots

3 2.56%
  • It doesn't matter, I can't see the sight anyway.

7 5.98%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: POLL: What color rear sight to you prefer for CCW?

Sponsor

Question POLL: What color rear sight to you prefer for CCW?

Well, as most of you know my prototype Glock Combat Carry rear sight passed the torture test and actually surpassed all expectations. What most folks don’t know is that the design allows for quick change out of the rear blade with automatic re-zero.

That said, I’m thinking about a production run of sights with different color/configuration blades for it. I’d appreciate any input you care to offer. Thanks for taking part in the poll.

For those of you who haven’t seen the torture test, here it is:

For more information click on the link below:

Tactical Shooting Academy - Pro-Sights Store
    "...with liberty and justice for all..."
    (Must be 18. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions may apply. Not available in all states). - D. Stanhope

D.R. Middlebrooks - Pro Shooting Coach & Custom Gunsmith
    Tactical Shooting Academy & Custom Shop
    www.TacticalShooting.com

sgb
    Black - serrated.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

On my Glock 19 I am currently using tritium night sights. The rear color is orange with a green front sight. I would think a high visibility orange or yellow would work well.

VIP Member
    I didn't see a poll, so put me down for a "green" vote. I took a look at your site, and recommend others do so, as well.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

it must be me alone because I like the dot-in -a-box sights that come with the glock. I just wish the front sight was not plastic
    genauwiedu likes this.

I voted for white dots in the back. However, I think you should offer more than one type. Plain black, white dot, and a night sight would be a good start. BTW I love the green front sight. If only it would fit my Smith.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I got night sites but I would normally be picking up the front sight depending on the situation.

First, if you are in a close quarters gunfight, the color or type of your sights aren't going to matter because there is a very high probability that you aren't going to be using them.

That being said, I have the Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights on my Glock 19, and all three dots are green.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Got the tritium on the 1911s but just installed the Green on the G-19. May add a set of green to the G-30 next week or so.

I only care about the front sight. In a defensive situation, I doubt I would take the time to aim. Just point and shoot and I want to be able to pick up the front sight quickly.

Rear sight? There is a rear sight?

I like orange tritium on the back with green tritium on the front if I were to go with night sights BUT any color other than green has about half the duration before decay than green does.

Personally, I like a laser over night sights. After the first flash you wont be able to see NS anyway.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    First, if you are in a close quarters gunfight, the color or type of your sights aren't going to matter because there is a very high probability that you aren't going to be using them.

That being said, I have the Trijicon Bright & Tough Night Sights on my Glock 19, and all three dots are green.
    What AZ said.

All mine have Trijicon, Meps, or Novaks on them. All are green tritium. But I never use them, except in competition on a rare long shot. I don't care what color they might be.

I have Glocks with Meps/green rear & yellow front, and Trij/all green...I prefer all green.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I get mine with the Glock night sights
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

For a defensive handgun, black in the back frees up your brain matter to focus on the the sight that matters. The human eye picks up green faster than any other color, so a green front only is the quickest sight to acquire. I prefer a black Novak rear sight.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links