Getting bad advice! Need input! - Page 6

Getting bad advice! Need input!

This is a discussion on Getting bad advice! Need input! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Also i forgot to say, check out the flashbang holster, it clips to your bra...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Getting bad advice! Need input!

Also i forgot to say, check out the flashbang holster, it clips to your bra
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

If you want peace, prepare for war

Look at the lc9, better weapon than the glock 26 off of grip alone! The pinkie extender works great and makes the weapon infinitely more comfortable.

Plus it's thinner and lighter. I OC a full sized m&p .40 but cc an lc9.

I wouldn't go lcp because .380 is expensive and less effective than 9mm. It's certainly better than nothing, but I'd spring for the lc9 over the lcp.

I totally feel you on revolvers, I hate them as well and will never carry one unless semi autos are outlawed

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
    It's better to prevent a crime, than to punish it.

I'm glad you found a gun that seems to work for you (pending the fly-before-you-buy test) that's a significant caliber. The 9mm is a quantum leap over the .380 in terms of downrange ballistics and effectiveness.

Keep us posted!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

My Taurus Milenium Pro PT111 is the same size as the G26 but has a better feel in my opinion.
    Stephen - Taurus Millenium Pro PT111 9mm
    Sherry - Taurus 85 38 Special

Sure is a cute little pic of the SIG P238 I must say. Not sure why SIG still feels the need to market a .380 pistol, but looks like a nice package. Kel Tec makes a basic survival 9mm pistol that might not need a formal holster for a girl that can stow anything in her bra. If I were to ever consider pocket carry, the PF9 would probably top my list of easily concealed capable pistols. I realize women need more options for dress and operation. Believe me....I've been down that road a few times. Last one loved the G26 SOB style with CTC laser grip. She had a large frame that complimented this form of carry and the width of the Glock sub compact along with decent holsters I had picked out for her.

Kahr CW9. Nothing else needs to be said.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

wdp
    Go to the range and shoot everything you can get your hands on with members permission, or rent one or two if possible. Being the female gender, I'd say you'll have no shortage of advise, some good and some bad. Buy the gun that feels best in YOUR hand and you are the most comfortable handling. Think about how you will carry and conceal as you narrow choices. Good luck.

Whatever you get. If you get a semi make sure you can easily rack it. And for a safety use a safe and lock your gun somewhere easy to get at when you aren't carrying. A safety on a gun isn't going to do anything if your kids playing with it. Best thing to do is take them shooting so they can operate it and get rid of the curiosity. JMO/JME

Cool! Glad it was a good experience and you have a top contender. If you can, you may want to pick your top 3 and see if you can find a place to shoot them.

Did you dry fire any so that you could get a feel for the trigger? The Glocks have a short trigger pull while the Nano for sure and I'm pretty sure the LC9 too both have a longer trigger pull. So, they will have a very different feel when it comes to getting to the bang.

Thanks for everything!!!
    I am headed out to the range today to get a few shots in with the S&W 915 before I go to class tomorrow. I am also taking a borrowed Ruger .22 target pistol. See how I do with that.

I did get a chance to dry fire all those guns at Cabelas the other day. However, my husband could not at Bass Pro because they refuse to take trigger locks off. They are afraid someone is going to load 1 round in the chamber and kill someone in the store!!!!
    I liked the trigger pull on the LC9. A little long, but not long enough to cause an issue with me. I have long pulls on my hunting rifles and have gotten used to it.

Thanks again for all the advice!!!

I will be sure to let you all know how I do on Saturday!!! Wish me luck!!!

Catt

VIP Member
    Yeah, I should have warned you about Bass Pro. Not sure how they can sell any firearms with that dumb policy. It's about akin to saying you can sit in the car but you can't test drive it...

Good luck on the class, I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Thanks TXexpat. I don't get Bass Pro sometimes...

Where in TX are you from?? I am also an expat.. I was born in Orange, and raised in Beaumont.
    Been in KC for 30 yrs now. Like it here, but I try to get back to TX as often as I can. It helps being a rodeo/livestock photographer. Plenty of work for me sometimes!

VIP Member
    I'm from the Dallas area, and like you, I try to get back often. I don't miss the traffic though. I've gotten used to the small town atmosphere where I live now, which almost offsets the winters up here!

I don't think I ever made it to Orange. I used to do a lot of riding in East Texas but didn't make it down that far south very often.

I shoot weddings, so we have photography in common also; I think yours sounds much more fun than mine though!

Check out the flashbang holsters as well, interesting concept and I have yet to see a bad review.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Ruger LC9, if you want a quality size/cost/safety combo. Many of the guns recommended here don't have safeties. With kids in the picture, I tend to agree with you: it's better to have a safety feature and choose not to use it than need one and have it not be there.

LOTS of folks disagree with me, but if your heart's set on a thumb safety, and you want a little gun, the LC9 should be at the top of your list. A Taurus 709 slim would work too, if you're not biased against Taurus.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links