I need a jogging gun...

This is a discussion on I need a jogging gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently obtained my CPL and my EDC is a SIG SP2022 in a Theis IWB holster. It's great for EDC, but I don't think ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a jogging gun...

I need a jogging gun...

I recently obtained my CPL and my EDC is a SIG SP2022 in a Theis IWB holster. It's great for EDC, but I don't think it'll lend itself to being worn with elastic waist band gym shorts. I need recommendations for a 9mm pistol and concealed carry rig. If I may say, please don't recommend any rig that points a pistol at the ole beans & franks if you know what I mean. I would like another SIG... maybe the P290???

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have a Eagle Runners waist pack that I use for walking (I can't run due to physical limitations). It's very minmalistic and is designed for a J-Frame sized gun, but I can easily fit my LC9 or G26 in the pocket for the gun. Natchez Shooters Supply has them for $19.95+ shipping. The Sig P290 is an excellent gun and really small for a 9mm, but it's very substantial feeling in your hand.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar

My wife uses a compression shirt. I think she got it at Magills. It has a holster built into the shirt on either side under your arm.

She carries a PF-9 when walking/jogging. 8 rds of 9mm with a gun that weights about 12 oz. I think. Not counting ammo of course.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

That's great! Thank you so very much High Altitude! I didn't know anything like that existed.

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    My wife uses a compression shirt. I think she got it at Magills. It has a holster built into the shirt on either side under your arm.

She carries a PF-9 when walking/jogging. 8 rds of 9mm with a gun that weights about 12 oz. I think. Not counting ammo of course.
    I almost got a PF-9, but I had heard so many mixed reviews on it.

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I run in a gun belt with my Glock in a SERPA and two mags opposite it. Open carry is an option in Michigan, so you might consider that.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Agave View Post
    I run in a gun belt with my Glock in a SERPA and two mags opposite it. Open carry is an option in Michigan, so you might consider that.
    I had also considered the open carry option... I just didn't want to have to deal with the hassle. However, the city I live in is still paying off a lawsuit involving a know-it-all LEO and a law abiding citizen exercising his right to open carry.

Besides a fanny pack, I've used a nylon gun belt and strapped the gun on .... then put my shorts on ... pulling them over it on the side. Never had any issue... and was quite comfortable. Another has been a belly band. Another... is a gun shirt ... with a section on the side that holds the gun, then put your normal shirt on over that one.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Lol is that Lou Ferrigno?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    Family first, that's why I carry.

I jog with a CM9 from kahr......... Excellent choice
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Belly band Smith air weight double action only.

Check out the Pistol Wear PT-2. Its 100% sweatproof and is very comfortable. I usually carry my Smith & Wesson 642 .38 Special, but have carried my Ruger SR9c in it as well.

Pistol Wear - Holsters for Concealed Handguns

I also have the Trump Card for ultra deep concealment. The draw is slow, but at least I can carry super discrete.

I would go with a 5.11 or wilderness type belt with your existing Theis holster and just put my shorts on over it!

I had the same ambition. When I run I want to carry at least my P32. I recently purchased a no clip Remora holster. This holster is amazing. It is constructed of a grippy plastic material similar to the stuff you put in cabinets so the dishes won't slip. It keeps the pistol where you put it. I use my P32 in sweatpants or shorts, no belt. Does not move. It's unbelievable!

I was so thrilled with the P32 holster that I just got another for my Glock 19. In jeans it's very comfortable. Again, no belt required. Keeps the gun secure and doesn't move in your pants from where you left it. Plus, it doesn't require extra large waist or make me feel fat.

Plus, the holsters are like $30 bucks. This is one of those " Ii wish I thought of that" things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links