The Most Interesting Man in the World

This is a discussion on The Most Interesting Man in the World within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by rammerjammer I don't think he'd have to carry a gun. But if he did it definitely wouldn't be a Glock. It'd probably ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: The Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I don't think he'd have to carry a gun.

But if he did it definitely wouldn't be a Glock. It'd probably me something more like a Chiappa Rhino or a classic 1911.
    It would definitely NOT be a "Rhino"!!!! TMIMITW has an appreciation for beauty, and the Rhino has got to be just about the ugliest gun ever invented!! I don't care if it is technically good or not, it is just plain butt ugly!

Now the 1911 on the other hand exudes class and beauty! I'm sure it is what TMIMITW would carry if he carried a gun. However, even if he carries, I doubt if he would ever have to actually draw and use it. He would just stop any threat with a "look"!

Stay thirsty, my friends. Don't drink while carrying in a bar--it is against the law in Ohio.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member

He'd carry one of these..........

James Bond “Golden Gun” Update: High Quality Photo, Comparisons, Pinewood Studios Account : The Original Prop Blog – Jason DeBord's TV and Movie Prop Memorabilia Resource

A gift from James Bond, taken from Scaramanga after their showdown.

After all, the Most Interesting Man In The World would only need one shot.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    A Korth in the jungle a Renaissance Browning Hi Power in the Cities.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    I don't know who this most interesting man is as I don't watch TV but Winston Churchill carried a C96 Mauser automatic during the Boer War and apparently from World War I forward was known to privately favor the Colt Government Model .45 Automatic, owning and carrying serial No. C15566 in both World War I and World War II.

Anyway, Churchill is a much more interesting man than this poser. As Churchill is known to have acquired an example of both the Mauser and the 1911 soon after their respective introductions to the market it must be assumed that he was knowledgeable about the latest handgun developments of his day. If Churchill had lived long enough he'd have likely as not added a Glock to his handgun battery.
    Why so serious?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    I see him carrying a Colt Peacemaker or Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum. He just has to be a revolver guy!

^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

All you other guys are nutz!!

He carry's an 1860 Colt Navy.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Shot View Post
    He wouldn't carry a glock. How is that interesting?
    He would carry a Glock. It would be the Glock 7 that was used in the Bruce Willis Movie.

Nickel plated 1911 with Ivory grips.
    New Wisconsin CCW Permit holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Why so serious?
    Hey, when I opened this thread I thought it was going to be about some entertaining subjective philosophical discussion. I'd never heard of the "World's Most Interesting Man."

Anyway, the subject of the discussion doesn't cut it as interesting. There are men regularly posting right here on the Forum rather more interesting than some dude in a commercial.
    OD* likes this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    ...There are men regularly posting right here on the Forum rather more interesting than some dude in a commercial.
    You're quite right - a goodly number of 'em, too. I'm delighted I can profit from their stories.

Hey, when I opened this thread I thought it was going to be about some entertaining subjective philosophical discussion. I'd never heard of the "World's Most Interesting Man."

Anyway, the subject of the discussion doesn't cut it as interesting. There are men regularly posting right here on the Forum rather more interesting than some dude in a commercial.
    Wasn't meant to be serious or interesting, merely for fun. You have heard of this, no?

And yes, regular men are more interesting than TV characters, but every once in a while a break from reality is entertaining.
    JDE101 likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

The Most Interesting Man in the World needs an interesting gun and because he's The Most Interesting Man in the World he should only need one bullet at a time so I would say the Pistol he carries is a Thompson Center Contender in 45/70 Govt.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Wasn't meant to be serious or interesting, merely for fun. You have heard of this, no?

And yes, regular men are more interesting than TV characters, but every once in a while a break from reality is entertaining.
    Obviously we weren't having fun The Right Way

Can't say. The words would break my jaw.
    There isn't a wall high enough to stop illegal immigrants when the reward on the other side is free health care, jobs, driver's licenses and free college tuition subsidized by American taxpayers.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links