Range Report: New Glock 23 Gen 4

This is a discussion on Range Report: New Glock 23 Gen 4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Tangle Easier to use and requires much less rotation of the gun in the hand. Try this. Grip the gun in your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range Report: New Glock 23 Gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Easier to use and requires much less rotation of the gun in the hand. Try this. Grip the gun in your normal grip and see if you can release the mag with your thumb without significantly rotating the gun in your hand. Next put your the tip of your trigger finger on top of the mag release on the right side of the gun. Notice how much more accessible it is and how much more power you have in your finger to press it.

I have all my guns set up that way that have mag releases that can be reversed.
    Interesting.

I gave it a shot, and it appears I have to rotate my grip more if I hit the mag release with my trigger finger rather than my thumb. I hardly need to rotate at all when I hit it with my thumb.

I also noticed that my right middle finger covers up 80% of the mag release (if it were on the right side), so I need to both rotate and move my grip down.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Interesting; works really good for me.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    It works well for me too. I am a lefty and trained for years this way. I have to rotate my grip for my thumb to reach.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    It works well for me too. I am a lefty and trained for years this way. I have to rotate my grip for my thumb to reach.
    Well, I've never had any issues using the mag release with my thumb, so I don't see much of a reason to switch. And, considering the mag release is larger on the Gen 4's, I don't expect any new issues. If something pops up along the way, I may give it a shot.
    Move. Shoot. Survive. ― The "Unofficial" Suarez International Doctrine

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress and grows brave by reflection.” ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ Hawk View Post
    Well, I've never had any issues using the mag release with my thumb, so I don't see much of a reason to switch. And, considering the mag release is larger on the Gen 4's, I don't expect any new issues. If something pops up along the way, I may give it a shot.
    Don't get me wrong, I only trained that way because the majority of my shooting life was right hand guns only! LOL
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links