P228

P228

This is a discussion on P228 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a two tone nickel P228 for a great price. Looking for a good holster for it now. I took it to the range ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: P228

P228

Just got a two tone nickel P228 for a great price. Looking for a good holster for it now. I took it to the range and it had a couple of double feeds with Winchester White Box. I'm thinking new extractor spring? Any other ideas?

I'd throw in a fresh recoil spring, possibly new mag spring(s) as well.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

gasmitty has the right idea. I replaced my spring and was still getting some issues. I was able to isolate it to a single magazine. I haven't update it's mag springs yet, but the other two mags I have shoot fine.

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by BWillis57 View Post
    Just got a two tone nickel P228 for a great price. Looking for a good holster for it now. I took it to the range and it had a couple of double feeds with Winchester White Box. I'm thinking new extractor spring? Any other ideas?

SIG Extractor - P220-9, 220-38S, 225, 226, 228 - Top Gun Supply
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'd throw in a fresh recoil spring, possibly new mag spring(s) as well.
    What he said. I love mine. Used them in the army also. Never a problem with mine except mag springs.

All of the above.

Post pics of your new gun. I love the P228. They are excellent guns and I am contemplating buying a used one I saw at a local gun shop. I miss the one I had and I should not have sold it.

Administrator
    I would go ahead and replace all the springs, mags and in the gun as well. The extractor is a spring, don't forget that. The 228's are all aging, and I'd bet most of them out there have never been freshened up. At one time, Topgun supply had kits that were very complete, its an easy way to make sure you get everything you need in one shot. Its been a while since I've bought one, so you'll have to check and make sure they still have them.
    "Just blame Sixto"

if you want a leather holster Jay at American Holster Co. makes beautiful holsters.
    NRA - Line of Duty Member

SIG P220ST

Next purchase an AR-15 hopefully

For $139 Sig will clean and inspect the gun, replace all springs and install night sights: Sig Service Plan

Hard to beat that deal.

Joe
    Tzadik likes this.

I did the Sig Service Plan in November. It was a great deal to me.

VIP Member
    Nate at UBG holsters has made several very nice, and reasonably priced, holsters for my 228s. If you prefer kydex, I have been running a Blade Tech OWB "low profile" rig for a few months now, and am very impressed. Not giving up my leather, but these are good pieces of kit.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I think I will be doing the Sig Service Plan, i was thinking about the new Trijicons, but the price for the service plan might just be too good to beat.

I like my Mitch Rosen Premier snap holster

And I definitely would send it to Sig for that Service package. Thats a great deal.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I just bought a 228 from an officer that changed all the springs and 2 new mags... I have put 300+ rounds down range and it has cycled 100%. The Sig Service is a great deal for you... I wish mine had night sights.
    I also picked up a Blade Tech combo holster IWB/OWB -AND- leather/kydex that was for a M&P... works great!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links