M&P9c any problems? - Page 2

M&P9c any problems?

This is a discussion on M&P9c any problems? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He probably would take it off your hands "if the price is right" because he "likes you"....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: M&P9c any problems?

He probably would take it off your hands "if the price is right" because he "likes you".
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

My .40c is WELL over that 1500 rounds and still working flawlessly. I know it's not the 9c, but hey, just throwing my $.02 out there.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

S&W M&P 9c Problem

I just bought a M&P 9c and took it out to the range yesterday and was not very happy. This firearm failed to load the rounds from the clip at least 30 different times. The ammo I used was TulAmmo 115gr FMJ. Thinking it might be the ammo, I loaded my defensive rounds, which are Speer Gold Dot 115gr JHP and still had the same result on 4 different occasions. Has anyone else had this problem??..........I sold my Glock 19 to buy this S&W because I wanted to try something different. My Glock 19 ate everything up without a problem.

Ive had mine for about a year now. And with several hundred rounds through it. My only gripe was getting used to the trigger but ive gotten over that hump now. And liking the gun more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by stbigo View Post
    I just bought a M&P 9c and took it out to the range yesterday and was not very happy. This firearm failed to load the rounds from the clip at least 30 different times. The ammo I used was TulAmmo 115gr FMJ. Thinking it might be the ammo, I loaded my defensive rounds, which are Speer Gold Dot 115gr JHP and still had the same result on 4 different occasions. Has anyone else had this problem??..........I sold my Glock 19 to buy this S&W because I wanted to try something different. My Glock 19 ate everything up without a problem.
    Give it time to break in well. And mine does not like tulammo. I get light primer strikes due to the hard primers of the russian ammo.

I got an M&P 9c about a week ago and put 150 rounds through it. The first 6 magazines has sporatic misfeeds. This seemed to get better as the pistol get more broken in. I couldn't shoot it as well as my M&P 22 and M&P Shield at 15 yards--seemed to shoot high and to the right.

600 rounds, and 0 issues so far.

Quote Originally Posted by stbigo View Post
    ......... This firearm failed to load the rounds from the clip at least 30 different times. .........
    Ah, I think I found your problem. You should try feeding it with magazines instead.

Distinguished Member
    The ONLY issue I ever had in over 800 rnds with my M&P 40c was trouble feeding steel case ammo. It actually did bother me a little bit.

Not dissing the m&p line, but I got a glock and it eats anything.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2000 rounds no problem.

The head instructor at United States Shooting Academy(Steve Arayan) has almost 30000 through his...

Send it back to Smith and Wesson, they have amazing customer service. My M&P9c has no issues with Tulammo (not that that is very helpful for your situation). Or, you could try running some Blazer brass through it or something not steel cased.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

GH
    Personally I wouldn't run any Russian ammo (or anything else Russian) through any firearm I own but that's just my bias.

A suggestion was made several times to polish & buff the feed ramp of a semi-auto. I did that as a precaution with several guns (none being an M&P) & never had a problem. Of course I don't know if I would have had a feed problem if I didn't do that.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Have a MP9c with about 1000 rounds through it including multiple brands of SD ammo and yet to have one single problem of any kind. I have no plan on shooting steel ammo but it eats gold dots and federal HST and is far more accurate then what am capable of shooting...Eric

Lead Moderator
    How is it not feeding? I know when my M&P F was new the mag springs almost too strong. As I emptied the gun the ejection pattern would change.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I have heard that the M&P line had problems, especially in 9mm. However I believe it is few and far between. I would not be concerned with it as Smith and Wesson has addressed these problems. I am a Glock fan myself but the M&P is a great gun. My next purchase will most likely be an M&P.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links