M&P9c any problems?

This is a discussion on M&P9c any problems? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a S&W M&P 9C. I have had it for a few weeks and have shot several hundred rounds through it. I find I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: M&P9c any problems?

M&P9c any problems?

I have a S&W M&P 9C. I have had it for a few weeks and have shot several hundred rounds through it. I find I shoot it better than other guns that I have had longer. It carries well, shoots well, decent capacity, feels great in my hand and has been 100% reliable. I was talking to a friend the other day and he quickly told me I should sell it. Went on to tell me how certain schools are no longer allowing training with the 9mm M&P. Mentioned that the "sears are breaking at 1500 rounds" which is why everyone installs appex kits. I took it with a grain of salt this guy believes that there is only one polymer pistol in the world that you should trust your life to. I know he is biased and its hard to argue due to some of the round counts he has through some of his guns. I just wonder if anyone has had any problems with their 9mm M&P's. I know with S&W's customer service that any issue would be repaired I just dont want to risk it happening when I need it.

2. Remove Ads

He's full of it. Tell him to name the specific schools and people in the schools that have instituted this "policy". Better yet, tell him to check out what the more reputable schools instructors are shooting during training and carrying daily when not training. I have well over 1500 rounds in my M&P9 and 9c with not a single issue. People install the Apex parts to improve the trigger feel and reset, not because the triggers break.

Bottom line is if you like it and you can shoot it well, keep it, shoot it and tell the Glock fanboy to shove it.

All that I can tell you is that I have 3350 rounds through mine and so far so good. But having a bunch of people get on here and tell you that they haven't had any problems is pretty much meaningless. I could tell you that I haven't had a car accident for 15 years, too. Does that mean that you are going to go 15 years without having a car accident?

Keep the gun,
    Doc

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    People install the Apex to improve the trigger break, not because the trigger breaks.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Your friend is an idiot......Sorry just saying.......The others have stated why people put apex sears in M&P's and it's not breakage. I have shot thousands of rounds through my M&P9c and never one issue.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I know for a fact that Magpul Dynamics has switched from Glock to M&P.

He is blowing out his mouth the same stuff that comes from the rectum of bovine.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Thanks guys I realize this post will do nothing to add to the durability of the firearm but it does wonders for my confidence which improves my shooting as well.
    Philly Boy likes this.

never base your firearms decisions on the opinions of others. Ask around enough and you will find that every gun you have is a pile of crap. The 9C has been 100% reliable and you let Ziggy put a cloud of doubt in your mind about your pistol? Who is really to blame here? The fool that provides the advice, or the one that listens?
    kmagnuss likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

All I can tell you is after about 800 rounds, 700 shy of this magical 1500 round failure, my M&P9c is working flawlessly.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Is this guy a Glock homer?

Well thanks guys. Certainly the fool that believes the doubt. Just ran 100 through my 9c and my 19 in the pouring rain both ran 100% . I think I'm accepting the fact I don't have to choose but I can really love them both. The 9C certainly sees more carry.

Congrats on getting the best advice in the world........here! Hahahaha

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterborne View Post
    He's full of it. Tell him to name the specific schools and people in the schools that have instituted this "policy". Better yet, tell him to check out what the more reputable schools instructors are shooting during training and carrying daily when not training. I have well over 1500 rounds in my M&P9 and 9c with not a single issue. People install the Apex parts to improve the trigger feel and reset, not because the triggers break.

Bottom line is if you like it and you can shoot it well, keep it, shoot it and tell the Glock fanboy to shove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    People install the Apex to improve the trigger break, not because the trigger breaks.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

Tell your JEALOUS "friend" to go limb a tree!

I love mine, and wouldn't dream of getting rid of it.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Mine too has been flawless. Glocks are great too, for me though, the M&P was more accurate and felt better. I love it when people listen to others and then they grow into "truth" that other people spout.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Your friend is misinformed.

M&Ps had their share of problems when they first came out (and S&W has addressed and fixed them) but there has NEVER been an issue with the sear itself. Some pistols had problems with sear bounce and the trigger would not reset, you would get a "dead trigger". S&W replaced the sear spring and plunger with larger/stronger parts to take care of the issue.

I am a die hard glock fan, been shooting them for carry/HD/competition for a long time.

I own both a M&P9 and a M&P9c. The M&P pistol is a high quality polymer pistol right up there with Glock.

If all my glocks where taken from me tomorrow, I would load up my M&Ps and carry on with out a second thought.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links