Glock 23 or S&W M&P .40c - Page 2

Glock 23 or S&W M&P .40c

This is a discussion on Glock 23 or S&W M&P .40c within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a g3 23 and just bought a gen3 26 today and are happy with both. I don't like the grips on the gen ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 23 or S&W M&P .40c

I have a g3 23 and just bought a gen3 26 today and are happy with both. I don't like the grips on the gen 4

Quote Originally Posted by WvHiker View Post
    If you already have the M&P full size in .40, I say go for the M&P. Keeping your guns on the same platform can't be a bad thing.
    +1

Going back and forth between platforms is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilloc View Post
    +1

Going back and forth between platforms is a bad idea.
    noted, and i do believe my choice has been made! thank you…. although i still will be viewing this thread taking in all opinions… and i still plan on checking out the glock, as it might be a platform that is more comfortable and easy for me. till then the M&P is my Final Answer Regis!
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best!

No FTF/FTE with my Gen 4 Glock 23 today at the range. I'm really digging how the gun feels in my hand and how it shoots. I couldn't be any happier with that purchase. I was shocked at how accurate it was. Or maybe I had something to do with that. :-)

I have a Gen 4 23 and absolutly love it. NEVER had one problem with it. Feeds and ejects just fine, and ive tried several different types of ammo. I think that you oughta stick with the M&P since your use to that platform but if you want a Glock go get it. Cant go wrong with either.
    Glock 23...
    Bushmaster AR15 with Trijicon ACOG and Magpul acceseries....

I don't think going back and forth between different platforms is a bad thing. Where this stuff comes from I'll never know. If it is, then special forces personal in the military, LE, and private sector are screwed from the start.

So in this light how much truth is there really in that? On one mission one may carry an m203. On the next a 12 gauge pump, or the next an m4.

And, how much difference is there really in the fire control of an M&P pistol and a Glock?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I think you made the right choice. Although I hear the gen4 ergonomics are better than gen3, I'm guessing it's still not "better" than the m&p's.

A consideration when switching platforms is the gun's natural point of aim for you. If you're already used to the m&p platform, then you may want to consider that a glock will probably be pointing somewhere else (even if slightly) when the gun is raised to the target. This may not seem like a big deal (especially at the range), but in a critical situation you'd want every advantage.

I believe this is another reason why LEOs need to retrain when switching platforms. Of course, I'm just a civie so take it with a grain of salt.

Another thing I like about m&p is they're made in the USA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links