Sig 290? 224?

This is a discussion on Sig 290? 224? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have any experience with either of these new, small SIG 9mms? P290 P224 Extreme...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sig 290? 224?

Sig 290? 224?

Does anyone have any experience with either of these new, small SIG 9mms?

P290

P224 Extreme
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

2. Remove Ads

Probably the p224 for me. It's like the classic p series pistols, just smaller. Both are nice guns.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

If you are after a small back up gun with 6+1 rounds then the P290 at 20.5 ounces. If you want a primary CCW then the heavier P224 with it's 11 +1 rounds.

Not quite what I was going for. No offense, but I'm aware of the roles for both, I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten their hands on one or both.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Not quite what I was going for. No offense, but I'm aware of the roles for both, I'm curious if anyone has actually gotten their hands on one or both.
    I pickup my P290 tomorrow afternoon. It has a great fit in my big hand with the extended mag. Will let you know.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

I don't think the 224 is available until the Spring.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

Quote Originally Posted by mjb65 View Post
    I pickup my P290 tomorrow afternoon. It has a great fit in my big hand with the extended mag. Will let you know.
    Awesome! I am quite interested. And from another Wisconsinite as well.
    mjb65 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    The P224 isn't out yet, but it seems awful fat for a gun with a two-finger grip. The P290 has been out for a while and can even be seen in gun stores now.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Awesome! I am quite interested. And from another Wisconsinite as well.
    This is one nice pistol. The feel in the hand with the short mag and especially the extended mag is great. For me it points naturally. The night sites glow like 3 eyes in the dark. It conceals as easy as the invisible man. It is also +p rated which was the clincher for me. Mine came with laser, night sights, paddle holster and 2 mags. One 6 round and one extended 8 round. I am used to carrying a 1911 45 acp and let me tell you I barely feel this Sig. Even sweat pants hold it just fine. I was looking for a Ruger LC9 with laser but out of 3 places none were to be had. I think that was a good thing.
    "They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    "A gentlemen will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!"
    Sir Winston Churchill

p290 junk

Does anyone have any experience with either of these new, small SIG 9mms?

P290

P224 Extreme
    I just bought one the other day (Sig p290). I had 11 ftf, light primer strikes in just over 100 rds. I sent back to Sig yesterday. It was built in June 2011. So "2nd edition"..??? Sig told me there is no such thing as 1st and 2nd edition, that nothing is different from day one. A gen 2 is coming out soon with double strike capability. The current does not, user has to rack the slide in order to reingage the trigger. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, I want my money back and still have not heard an answer, its been 24hrs. I would never place my life on the line with this pistol, even if fixed. I have fired almost every combat weapon available and never had these extreme failures... Get the word out JUNK!!

Semper Fi.

Light Strikes with SIG P290 - YouTube

This is not BS,

I only just joined to get the word out. I am so disgusted!!

a little off topic but i have a p226 and i love it, i do want to get the SRT trigger though. with SIGS they are picky on what ammo you feed them they dont like the cheap stuff, stay away from blazer wolf and speer and you should be fine.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    if you can fire a kel-tec p11 for more than 2 magazines and still write legibally with that hand.....the p290 may be for you.

i put it down after 3 rounds.
    it was someone else's at the club and he was wondering if it was him or the gun...

upside is Hoffmans in CT has them with 2 mags, holster and laser for $500.
    must be a reason why this limited special is 2 months old...and not sold out.
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

I fired with American eagle 124 gr fmj.

The rep I spoke to from Sig was not sympathetic at all. Actually rude. I'm even more pissed now.! Did anyone ever do a credit card dispute for a.gun???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links