New Grips for CDP

New Grips for CDP

This is a discussion on New Grips for CDP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was getting tired of the hip rash in the hot weather and tried a set of VZ 320 slims, man they make a big ...

Thread: New Grips for CDP

New Grips for CDP

I was getting tired of the hip rash in the hot weather and tried a set of VZ 320 slims, man they make a big difference from the standard checkered grips.

The slim line profile is going to take some getting used to but I think the comfort is ging to be worthwhile.

What do you think?

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Got two weapons just like yours and have VZ's(green canvas) on both. Love 'em.

Which Wilson's you using? Seems to stick out farther than mine. Might just be the length of the bumper(base pad).

Anyway.......great lookin' weapon.---------

Thin grips on 1911

I have become a big believer in thin grip panels on a 1911 for carry, and use the thin Alumagrips on my Kimber CDP Pro and Colt Defender. My other 1911s, which are standard 5 inch barrel, all have regular grip panels.

The thin grip panels cut the overall grip width by about 0.2 inch, which is significant in how well the gun's grip will conceal under clothing. At first the thin grips felt unusual to me, being used to standard grips, but I quickly adapted to it and now I like the feel of them. Your fingers simply wrap around the grips a little further, which is not a problem.

By the way, you can purchase shorter magazine bumper pads for your Wilson magazines and quickly install them, cutting the magazine height by a bit without sacrificing capacity. I did this on my Wilson magazines for carry, buying the thin bumper pads from Midway:
    Thin Wilson magazine base pads

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    . . . you can purchase shorter magazine bumper pads for your Wilson magazines and quickly install them, cutting the magazine height by a bit without sacrificing capacity. I did this on my Wilson magazines for carry, buying the thin bumper pads from Midway:
    Thin Wilson magazine base pads
    Thanks for the link to the Wilson thin base pads. I've been meaning to get some and your reference gave me a reason to do it NOW!

I'm also getting some smooth, slender grips for my Ultra CDP II. I think the main issues I've had with IWB comfort have been grip related, not holster related.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

JD
    Administrator
    Like the grips, I jsut got the VZ blasted black canvas 320's. I love the feel of the 320's, between them and the front strap checkering you get a rock solid grip.

I have blasted black canvas gatorbacks on my CDP. I love them. They grip like hell but don't dig into my back like checkered wood.

Those look pretty cool, I like the VZ line. I only us slime line grips for carry as well! I use the Wilson Combat Slime Line concealed carry grips, they work great, look great and feel great in the hand and to carry.

You will get use to them. Now, for me! normal thickness grips feel strange.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Try This Site...

called Esmeralda...she has carved two sets of grips...for my Ultra CDP II and for my Pro CDP II. Her work is very good! She has many to choose from. It doesn't hurt to look!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dan,

Just got word today that my AlumaGrips will be shipping tomorrow. I may get with you before the swap. I WILL get you to help me with some pics once they are on.

Neil

Sponsored Links