Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact .45 Question

This is a discussion on Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact .45 Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heys guys I was in one of the local gun shops today and I looked at a used Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact. The gun needed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact .45 Question

Heys guys

I was in one of the local gun shops today and I looked at a used Springfield Loaded Ultra Compact. The gun needed cleaned, but looked to be in good condition. Has a few light, fine scratches in the stainless, and a very faint "idiot" mark. Had Trijicon night sights, Springfield Cocobola grips, adjustable trigger, etc.

The price was firm at $715 ... So out the door I would be at $762. I wasn't quite sure on how good this price was, and I didn't want to jump on it until unchecked with you guys!! So please give me your thoughts ....

Thanks!!

Here's a link to GunBroker.com Buy it new for $899. With the upgrades mentioned it seems reasonable. I bet if you took in $700 cash it may make his price less firm.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryWoody View Post
    Here's a link to GunBroker.com Buy it new for $899. With the upgrades mentioned it seems reasonable. I bet if you took in $700 cash it may make his price less firm.
    WHAT? Never, ever offer someone just $15 less than their asking price. Start your offer at $650 and that gives both of you some room to dicker.

VIP Member
    Sounds like the standard Ultra Compact. No extra's on it. Night sights are standard on it, cocobola slim grips are standard and travel adjustment trigger is standard. The question is why did the original owner sell it? Were there problems that Springfield couldn't fix? While Springfield has a Lifetime Warranty on their guns, it is for the original purchaser. So you would be buying a gun with no warranty. If you do decide to get it, have the store put in writing that they will fix or buy back if gun does not function properly.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That's the only negitive thing with that particular shop. They will not budge. I could hand him $675 cash and he would turn it down ... So as far as the price, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Sounds like the standard Ultra Compact. No extra's on it. Night sights are standard on it, cocobola slim grips are standard and travel adjustment trigger is standard. The question is why did the original owner sell it? Were there problems that Springfield couldn't fix? While Springfield has a Lifetime Warranty on their guns, it is for the original purchaser. So you would be buying a gun with no warranty. If you do decide to get it, have the store put in writing that they will fix or buy back if gun does not function properly.
    You could very well be right. I have no clue why the original owner got rid of it ... This shop does have a 1 year warranty on all there used firearms.

How do you feel about the price of $715 ($762 out the door)

For comparison, I bought a used loaded springfield micro compact 45 for $650 a few years ago during the crazy gun buying phase when Obama took office. It was in like new condition and did not even look like it was fired. The micro compact and ultra compact are pretty comparable in price. I think you can do better if the ultra shows signs of use.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    This is all false man. Springfield will warranty ANY gun no matter how many people have owned it. Also, the standard Springfield Ultra Compact did NOT come standard with night sights and cocobolo grips. Why do I know this? Because I have one, purchased new, and it came with 3 dot sights and Hogue rubber grooved grips.

Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post
    This is all false man. Springfield will warranty ANY gun no matter how many people have owned it. Also, the standard Springfield Ultra Compact did NOT come standard with night sights and cocobolo grips. Why do I know this? Because I have one, purchased new, and it came with 3 dot sights and Hogue rubber grooved grips.
    They actually have two used ones there .... Both identical except for one has the houge rubber grooved grips and the other the cocobola grips. The houge gripped gun they want $745 but it's in worst shape than the $715 wood gripped gun. I really like the wood grips, just unsure of the price at $715. They open at 11am today, so I need some opinions guys!!

Unless it's in absolutely mint condition I personally don't think the $715 is a 'bargain', but it's not a total ripoff either considering the grips and the night sights. Have you checked around the completed auctions on gunbroker to see what they've been selling for lately?

The compacts are more prone to having issues. I would look more to the new only because there is no question about warranties. I have copied the warranty intro straight from the Springfield web site. This should clear up any questions that you have regarding warranty.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY® LIMITED WARRANTY
    This Limited Warranty is issued by Springfield, Inc., d/b/a Springfield Armory, an Illinois corporation ("Springfield" or "we"
    or "us" or "our") to "You" the original retail purchaser (also "YOUR") of a Springfield product (the "Product"). This
    Limited Warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.

WHO AND WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
    Springfield, Inc. warrants to You, the original retail purchaser of the Product, that the Product
    You purchased will be free of defects in workmanship or material, subject to the terms of this
    document.

HOW LONG WILL THIS WARRANTY LAST?
    This Limited Warranty will last and be in effect during in which YOU, the original retail
    purchaser, owns the Product.

They put that on their site to CYA so to speak. I can vouch for them having quite possibly the best warranty on the planet. They'll take back any of their weapons no questions asked.

Thanks guys ... Im going to go look at it again today, and look it over really good. I looked on gun broker and that seems about the going rate. I'll let you guys know what I decide when I get back home. Thanks!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kmagnuss View Post

This description came directly from their website.

MODEL: 1911 Loaded Ultra Compact
    SIGHTS: Fixed Combat Trijicon Night Sights
    STOCK: Cocobolo Grips
    Again, directly from their website.

WHO AND WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?
    Springfield, Inc. warrants to You, the original retail purchaser of the Product, that the Product
    You purchased will be free of defects in workmanship or material, subject to the terms of this
    document.

HOW LONG WILL THIS WARRANTY LAST?
    This Limited Warranty will last and be in effect during in which YOU, the original retail
    purchaser
    , owns the Product.
    While they MAY honor the warranty, they do not have to. Purchasing it used you do so with the hope that they will.

I have no problems with SA customer service. The 1 time I dealt with them I received outstanding service. Of course I was the original purchaser of the gun. However if I had not been the original purchaser and they had said: "Sorry, you have to pay." I would have had not recourse other than to foot the cost of the repairs.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macdsc View Post
    You could very well be right. I have no clue why the original owner got rid of it ... This shop does have a 1 year warranty on all there used firearms.

How do you feel about the price of $715 ($762 out the door)

Considering the price for a new one is about $850. I think they are a little high. But if they are "the only game in town", they know they can get away with it. I'd be willing to bet, they didn't give the original owner more than $300. for it

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links