CZ75B: Short range review with pics.

This is a discussion on CZ75B: Short range review with pics. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I shot a 300 round mix of federal champion and Winchester white box 115 grain FMJ and Hornaday TAPP 124 grain +p. Function was perfect ...

Thread: CZ75B: Short range review with pics.

I shot a 300 round mix of federal champion and Winchester white box 115 grain FMJ and Hornaday TAPP 124 grain +p. Function was perfect with all three. Range conditions were 21 degrees, sunny, with no wind. Shooter condition was tired, cold, and grouchy. First group is one full magazine at 20 yards, and the second group is 30 rounds at the same 20 yards. I know, I suck. Like I said, tired, cold and grouchy. ;) This gun can shoot. I was shooting an 8 inch gong at 50 yards and it was easy. The only complaints I have are minor. I HATE the factory grips. They are slick and need to be replaced. I also donít like the shape of the trigger. It wants to pinch my finger. This gun will get the SAO conversion with the straight trigger. I love the satin nickel finish. Not only is it pretty, but it is very easy to clean. Oh one other note, the magazines for this gun are a bear to load. My fingers were killing me by the time I was done. All and all, I am more than happy with this gun, and believe there may be more CZs in my future.

target1.jpgcz75b2.jpgcz75b.jpgtarget2.jpg

I absolutely LOVE the CZ 75B, sweet little shooters.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    My 75BD may just be my absolute favorite gun to shoot.

VIP Member
    I've been a CZ fan since my first 1 about 6 years ago. I have 7 of them now. For after market grips check this guy out.

Marschalgrips.com

As you shoot it more the magazines will get easier to load.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I got a Cz-82 and my suggestion for you to break in our mags is load them and leave them loaded for about a week. It shouldent wear them out, but it should loosen the springs up a bit.

So vis pacem, para bellum
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Your grips look like their plastic ones. I have a stainless 75 that came with the rubber CZ grips, and they feel pretty good.

I couldn't stand the factory 75 trigger, either, for the same reason as you. I tried the flat SAO one and couldn't stand the feel of it. What I ended up with was the 85 combat trigger which has a gentler radius to it. The 85 combat trigger has an overtravel stop screw to boot.

I ended up using the SAO flat trigger to pattern off of in order to drill and tap my 85 trigger for the pretravel screw from the SAO trigger. What I have now is a CZ75 with the 85 combat trigger set up for SAO. I also installed the competition hammer in the process, which fixes the miles of creep that the tall hooks have on the factory hammer. My 75 stainless is one of the sweetest shooting and most reliable pistols I own.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Buy this mag loader and life will be good; you'll look back on this and say this was the best advice you ever got on a forum

UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader Unloader Polymer Black

God Bless
    Gideon

Quote Originally Posted by gigamortis View Post
    Your grips look like their plastic ones. I have a stainless 75 that came with the rubber CZ grips, and they feel pretty good.

I couldn't stand the factory 75 trigger, either, for the same reason as you. I tried the flat SAO one and couldn't stand the feel of it. What I ended up with was the 85 combat trigger which has a gentler radius to it. The 85 combat trigger has an overtravel stop screw to boot.

I ended up using the SAO flat trigger to pattern off of in order to drill and tap my 85 trigger for the pretravel screw from the SAO trigger. What I have now is a CZ75 with the 85 combat trigger set up for SAO. I also installed the competition hammer in the process, which fixes the miles of creep that the tall hooks have on the factory hammer. My 75 stainless is one of the sweetest shooting and most reliable pistols I own.
    I like the factory rubber grips that come on the stainless guns. They should really just put them on all of the guns.

Sponsored Links