Want to buy a 45 ACP What Would You Suggest?

This is a discussion on Want to buy a 45 ACP What Would You Suggest? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sounds like you want a Sig P220 SAO. Fits all of your requirements. You might also consider a CZ 97b, which is the .45acp version ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Want to buy a 45 ACP What Would You Suggest?

VIP Member
    Sounds like you want a Sig P220 SAO. Fits all of your requirements. You might also consider a CZ 97b, which is the .45acp version of the famous 75b.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You might also look at the CZ 97.

CZ-USA -> CZ 97 B
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

SIG 220. It seems to me that those who want a 45 in something other than a 1911 all have 220s. Not sure why. I know the poly guys make guns in 45. Maybe it's the best non-1911 option for a guy that does not want a polymer frame. Lots of options for you.

I looked at the specs of several high-cap, double stack .45 pistols, including Glocks, XDs, M&Ps, etc. I was not able to find anything that beat Glock for size/weight/capacity.

Went to the local fun store, and did a side-by-side comparison of the Glock 30, 36, and my 19. Their overall sizes were very close. The 36 was slightly thinner than the 19, which was itself slightly thinner than the 30. I was surprised to feel little difference between the 36 and 30 in my hand. I then asked my wife (5'2" tall with small hands) to handle the 30 - no problem reaching the trigger for her.

Given the 10+1 capacity of the 30 (and the ability to use G21 mags) vs only 6+1 in the 36, it was an easy choice for me. I ordered up a G30 - should be in any day now.

Once I get it to the range, I'll eventually add a CT laser grip, and a set of Tru-Glo TFO sights to it.

I'd at least suggest you give them a look.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    You did not mention mags or mag changes in your wish list so did you rule out the revolvers? The H&K USP 45 in nice for an auto loader kinda pricey. For low budget the Gen 3 G-30. But I don't know about the G-30 in competitions. Maybe be too small grip and barrel, The H&K USP or the FNP 45 are kinda large for conceal. So you will have to make a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Glock 21 or 30 with a barrel that allows lead bullets. I've never shot a 21, but my 30 has less flip and recoil than my heavier 5" 1911 and full sized USP45. The G30 is the most controllable .45 I've ever shot, oddly enough. Conceals very well, ridiculously reliable, it's as accurate as you are. Glock suggests you don't shoot lead bullets, but with a good cleaning that would be fine. Or buy a separate barrel.
    Amen

Detonics score master or sig P220.

fnp 45 , sig sa/da
    xdm45, glock, striker

depends on if you want a sa/da or striker fired type. I am also thiking of getting another 45. The PPQ is looking like the next gun for me. I wish they made the PPQ in a 45.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links