Ccw revolvers - Page 2

Ccw revolvers

This is a discussion on Ccw revolvers within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my Chiappa Rhino and will purchase the same in the 9mm as soon as they start shipping them. Fastest revolver for for follow ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Ccw revolvers

I love my Chiappa Rhino and will purchase the same in the 9mm as soon as they start shipping them. Fastest revolver for for follow up shots that I own.
    stancehold and vice87 like this.

I've got two SP101s and love them, and I'd recommend a Ruger LCR. I'm not too familiar with S&W revolvers but they are of good quality too.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

If I were gonna carry a revolver, I'd pick this SP-101. Plain and simple.
    NRA MEMBER
    EDC: Beretta Nano

Yeah my second choice would be a 101 but once you gone ugly you never go back to regular. Rhino best shooting revolver made. Ugliest though

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    S&W 642. No need for a snub to be the size or weight of the Ruger 101.

S&W 642 in a Galco pocket holster, Perfect combo.

I have an LCR .38. Great gun. If I had it over I might get the 357 just to have the option. I carry it in either a remora or CB super tuck. I have been very pleased

I see you are a new poster. Welcome to DC. We are a supportive, diverse group. If you want to plug into a variety of experience, interests, and opinions you came to the right place.

All steel S&W J-frame is my preferred wheel gun where weight and compactness are high on the list of requirements. I have three (in addition to an Airweight), and prefer the 3 inch ones. The extra inch and steel frame makes them noticably more shootable to me and are just as concealable except for pocket carry which I do not care for. I realize they make 'em lighter and ultra lighter but at 21 ounces with a good belt I am not conscious of it's presence.

While I am an ardent old S&W advocate, their new so-called BODYGUARD (not to be confused with the Model 49 Bodyguard) made from recycled sardine cans, toothbrush handles, and second rate laser is an abomination in my not so humble opinion. I do conceed it will go "bang", so if that price range is your limit, I would never say "never".

Ruger's SP-101 is a quality handgun, but is too light for heavy work and too bulky & heavy for light work to suite me. If I were going the Ruger route I would hold out for a Speed-Six. I hold Ruger's LCR in the same regard as S&W's new BODYGUARD.

My .02, FWIW, others MMV.

If you want a nice, compact belt carry revolver the Ruger SP101 is fantastic, it's not for pocket carry though. I carry mine in a Occidental leather pancake holster with a High Noon Rock Steady belt. Works great, and its invisible with a loose untucked shirt over it.

Rigrat likes this.

Thanks for the info I have been looking in to them I'll have to make a trip to the local gunshop and get a feel for them.

My current revolver carry is either a S&W36 or a Taurus 85UL. I'd like to chop the barrel on my Ruger Security Six 4" to a 2" or 2.5" for carry. Out of them the little Taurus is my favorite that I own right now.

But if I was going out and buy a different one it would be a LCR, SP101, or one of the S&W-PD revolvers, more than likely a .45acp.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I'm with everyone who opted for the SP101. Awesome wheelgun.
    paching likes this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

SP-101 is on my wish list
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Chiappa Rhino (comes in 2-4 or 6 inch barrel and either .357, .40 or 9mm)
    Chiappa Firearms

While is not a great looking weapon the big plus is due to its design it has a very low recoil and flip.

Excerpt from American Rifleman review:
    There’s no doubt that the lower barrel axis of the Rhino reduces muzzle rise and contributes to a more controllable revolver. The recoil is still there but is driven straight back into the palm of the hand. You’ll feel a bite with full-power .357 Mag. loads, but muzzle rise is so minimal you’ll first think you’ve had a misfire or even a squib load. The speed at which you can aim follow-up shots with this revolver is nothing short of astounding.
    Chiappa Rhino Revolver Review

Check the recoil/flip on the 2 below YouTube's
    Rhino loaded with 357
    test firing the Chiappa Rhino revolver for www.thetruthaboutguns.com II - YouTube

Rhino slow motion video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O217l...layer_embedded

Taurus with standard 158-grain FMJ's.
    test firing Taurus .38 snub-nosed revolver for www.thetruthaboutguns.com - YouTube

Rhino kicks less with .357 loads than the Taurus steel-framed .38 snubby
    stancehold likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Another vote for the SP-101.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links