Dimensional differences in Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19

This is a discussion on Dimensional differences in Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have the actual diminesional differences on the G19 gen 3 vs gen 4. I am not looking at the overall dimensions, but specifically ...

Thread: Dimensional differences in Gen 3 and Gen 4 G19

Does anyone have the actual diminesional differences on the G19 gen 3 vs gen 4. I am not looking at the overall dimensions, but specifically the distance to the trigger with the smallest backstrap on the gen 4.

The wife loves her gen 3, but I honestly think the grip is too big for her. She has a tendancy to shoot low left. When I get her to adjust her grip rotating her right hand around (she's right handed) to give her more finger on the trigger it improves her shots. When doing this it doesn't leave much of the web of her right hand behind the grip.

She played with a gen 4 today, the grip and finger on the trigger looked better and she liked the feel of it. I am simply trying to get a measurement of the difference to see what the actual numbers are.

The other option I have been toying with was to get her to see if she liked the M&P 9. Does anyone know if the distance to trigger on the M&P is shorter than the gen 3 or 4 G19?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I will see if I can find the actual size difference. But the Gen 4 fits me better than the Gen 3.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    not sure of dimesions but with the three backstraps on the gen 4 small, medium and large she was proobably handiling it with the medium strap...if that was a little large she can change it..
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I had a generation 3 G 26, and had the same problem that your wife had.
    I now have a M&P 9c, it fits may hand just right.
    I am very pleased with my M&P it is every bit as good as the Glock, and it fits my hand perfectly.

Also not sure of the actual measured difference, but the "glock hump" is noticeably less pronounced. I couldn't stand glock grip until I held gen4. Now I own two and love them. M&P is a good gun also, so have her hold both!

Sponsored Links