I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video... - Page 2

I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video...

This is a discussion on I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven The first few shots were only three yards. The last one was 5 yards. Not that difficult. Apparently you didn't understand ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    The first few shots were only three yards. The last one was 5 yards. Not that difficult.
    Apparently you didn't understand the video.

The first part, the accuracy part was 5 shots at 3 yds, 5 shots at 5 yds, 5 shots at 7 yds, 5 shots at 10 yds, and 5 shots at 15 yds. All 25 shots were off hand, iron sights, and all 25 shots were in the X ring except two and they were touching X ring. That may not be difficult for you, but it is for me.

The last sequences were 5 yds into a 3" dot with split times right around a half second some even faster. The rate of fire was better than 2 shots per second and all but one went into a 3" dot. That may not be difficult for you, but it is for me.

I don't claim to be the best shot in the world, as good as you, nor am I suggesting that you or a 12 year old couldn't do this. If you can with the ease you claim, I'm glad for you.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    If I had a nickel for every time In heard a comment like this.
    Me too.

Nothing is impossible when it's all talk.
    Olduser and Inspector71 like this.

Nice shooting. Was this with an M&P9c?

VIP Member
    Tangle, you need to ship that gun right back to S&W. If it is shooting that accurately it has got to be defective!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    It's a little more difficult to do and achieve those split times. At least it is for me, anyways.

Have you had Apex work on that M&P, Tangle ?
    I ordered the DCEAK and RAM kits and installed them myself.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Nice shooting. Was this with an M&P9c?
    Full size.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Tangle, you need to ship that gun right back to S&W. If it is shooting that accurately it has got to be defective!
    LOL! How did it ever get out of the factory in that condition!

Awesome pistol for sure... And as always, excellent shooting there mr. Tangle.

Question... Did you find that the "DCEAK and RAM kits" helped you achieve those split times, or could you do pretty much the same with the stock trigger setup? Not that I think it would make a dimes worth of difference in my practice, but just curious to see if the investment is worth the mod.

Thanks.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Apparently you didn't understand the video.

The first part, the accuracy part was 5 shots at 3 yds, 5 shots at 5 yds, 5 shots at 7 yds, 5 shots at 10 yds, and 5 shots at 15 yds. All 25 shots were off hand, iron sights, and all 25 shots were in the X ring except two and they were touching X ring. That may not be difficult for you, but it is for me.

The last sequences were 5 yds into a 3" dot with split times right around a half second some even faster. The rate of fire was better than 2 shots per second and all but one went into a 3" dot. That may not be difficult for you, but it is for me.

I don't claim to be the best shot in the world, as good as you, nor am I suggesting that you or a 12 year old couldn't do this. If you can with the ease you claim, I'm glad for you.
    That is some fantastic shooting!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Awesome pistol for sure... And as always, excellent shooting there mr. Tangle.

Question... Did you find that the "DCEAK and RAM kits" helped you achieve those split times, or could you do pretty much the same with the stock trigger setup? Not that I think it would make a dimes worth of difference in my practice, but just curious to see if the investment is worth the mod.

Thanks.
    Hey thanks for the kind words gottabkiddin!

What a great question! Unfortunately it's been so long since I shot it 'stock' that I can't say just how much the kits helped. The RAM kit doesn't do anything for trigger pull, only reset, and it's not much there.

I do know the trigger action on the M&P helped significantly with the 5 accuracy volleys. I doubt it would make much difference in the faster shooting. I'm gonna have to say the M&P with the DCEAK has a better, albeit, longer, trigger pull than my Glock with a Rocket in it. The Glock/Rocket has a far better reset and shorter, but I think the M&P has a softer, more consistent pull and I find that helps me. The Glock/Rocket has a definite break point where the M&P with the DCEAK has a light, constant pull and a surprise break. I like it!!!

I wish I could tell you how the DCEAK trigger compares to the stock trigger, but it's been too long since I've shot the stock trigger. I do remember an improvement in trigger pull; I just don't remember how much.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

OD*
    Excellent video, Tangle, and impressive shooting too.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Must be a defect ,,,,, I have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Hey thanks for the kind words gottabkiddin!

What a great question! Unfortunately it's been so long since I shot it 'stock' that I can't say just how much the kits helped. The RAM kit doesn't do anything for trigger pull, only reset, and it's not much there.

I do know the trigger action on the M&P helped significantly with the 5 accuracy volleys. I doubt it would make much difference in the faster shooting. I'm gonna have to say the M&P with the DCEAK has a better, albeit, longer, trigger pull than my Glock with a Rocket in it. The Glock/Rocket has a far better reset and shorter, but I think the M&P has a softer, more consistent pull and I find that helps me. The Glock/Rocket has a definite break point where the M&P with the DCEAK has a light, constant pull and a surprise break. I like it!!!

I wish I could tell you how the DCEAK trigger compares to the stock trigger, but it's been too long since I've shot the stock trigger. I do remember an improvement in trigger pull; I just don't remember how much.
    Great, thanks for the information between the two... I may just go ahead and make the investment anyway, IMO this pistol is definitely worth the investment; couldn't hurt I guess huh.. Cheers.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    My feelin's hurt...you gotta quit makin' those vids.

Tangle walks the walk again...nice shooting!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Great, thanks for the information between the two... I may just go ahead and make the investment anyway, IMO this pistol is definitely worth the investment; couldn't hurt I guess huh.. Cheers.
    It is a good investment as far as improved performance goes; I'm not sure it's gonna be anything but a complete loss as far as resale or trading goes, but that's another worry for another day.

I agree; the pistol is worth the investment - so are you!

Hmmm, I'm still thinking about that compact - it would have a stock trigger and I could compare the two. If I've got something to trade.....

BTW, I just ordered this for my M&P:

(zj) THE "DAVE SPAULDING"

I have a lot of respect for Dave; I'm sure this will be a special holster. I generally use the Fist Inc. #2 easy on/easy off and the DS model is very similar with a drop cut in front and a bit less cant. Dave and I must think alike.

And, no worry Glockers, my opinion and affection for gen 4s is still the same.
    gottabkiddin likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links