I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video... - Page 3

I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video...

This is a discussion on I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Tangle, I don't think there is anything wrong with your vision, lol. I can only hope mine will still be the same....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I know some of you think I'm hard on the M&P, well here's why - video...

Tangle, I don't think there is anything wrong with your vision, lol. I can only hope mine will still be the same.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    My feelin's hurt...you gotta quit makin' those vids.

Tangle walks the walk again...nice shooting!
    Hmmm, I just saw your post.

I can quit; I am not addicted to shooting or making videos; I can quit anytime I want to; I'm in control of this; I am not a shooting addict, in fact, I plan to quit two more times this week alone.

I have no choice but to do one more video if I can trade for a M&P compact! How else would we know if it's just as bad as the one I have?

I kinda had to do this video; I've been giving M&P'ers a hard time lately. They all hate me. I'm crushed. Now I prove the shortcomings of the M&P
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Great, thanks for the information between the two... I may just go ahead and make the investment anyway, IMO this pistol is definitely worth the investment; couldn't hurt I guess huh.. Cheers.
    Hi,

If you make the investment, don't worry because the M&P has gotten so popular in firearm circles that everyone who is typically in the market all ready knows about APEX. Around here it's a selling point if people sell or trade a firearm.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle View Post
    Apparently you didn't understand the video.

The first part, the accuracy part was 5 shots at 3 yds, 5 shots at 5 yds, 5 shots at 7 yds, 5 shots at 10 yds, and 5 shots at 15 yds. All 25 shots were off hand, iron sights, and all 25 shots were in the X ring except two and they were touching X ring. That may not be difficult for you, but it is for me.

The last sequences were 5 yds into a 3" dot with split times right around a half second some even faster. The rate of fire was better than 2 shots per second and all but one went into a 3" dot. That may not be difficult for you, but it is for me.

I don't claim to be the best shot in the world, as good as you, nor am I suggesting that you or a 12 year old couldn't do this. If you can with the ease you claim, I'm glad for you.
    I apologize. I didn't mean for this comment to come off with such a negative tone.

It was good shooting. I hope it inspires people to get out and practice to achieve these results.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Tangle, I don't think there is anything wrong with your vision, lol. I can only hope mine will still be the same.
    Well, I guess I talk about 'that' day too much when my vision won't be what it is now. I am very grateful to have the vision I have at my age - in spite of RK scars and soft contact lens.

If my doctor would stop talking about it and get on with the Lasek, it might get even better.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    I apologize. I didn't mean for this comment to come off with such a negative tone.

It was good shooting. I hope it inspires people to get out and practice to achieve these results.
    Thanks Sig35seven, you're a good man!

Actually you hit on one of the very reasons I post pics and videos: "I hope it inspires people to get out and practice to achieve these results." That's my hope as well.

In fact, I hope to inspire them two more times this week .

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Hi,

If you make the investment, don't worry because the M&P has gotten so popular in firearm circles that everyone who is typically in the market all ready knows about APEX. Around here it's a selling point if people sell or trade a firearm.
    I hear ya... My M&P is one firearm that I plan on holding onto forever...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

cj
    I've been acquiring M&Ps for a few years now. They amaze me with handling, and I never really appreciated 'pointability' until I was able to swap grips around until I'm pretty much on target without a thought...no need to learn a new angle or anything, just find the grip that gets me naturally on target.

As for the comments about accuracy and split times...in ALL of my classes I've ever taken, there have always been a few who quietly (or sometimes not so quietly) boast about their prowess, accuracy, speed, etc. I've NEVER seen one of them perform particularly well once the chips were down and tests, competitions among the class, etc. came up. It was always the newbies who listened, or the quiet guy in the back who turned out to be a SWAT instructor or some such who outshot everyone. I, for one, would be perfectly content if I could match your shooting demonstration!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    ...I, for one, would be perfectly content if I could match your shooting demonstration!
    Thanks cj, and for the interesting comments.

Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    My M&P has the exact same defects as the OP.
    Without a doubt, THE most accurate handgun I've ever owned.
    I'm not a great shot with a handgun, but it makes me look like one.
    Now if I could get my splits down to times like "Tangle", I could die a happy man.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I love it! gotta love the M&P I just had a trigger job done on mine.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I guess after seeing that I need to admit that everyone else has been right all these years...I am the defect. My M&P never shoots like that, neither does my Kahr, or the XDM, or any of the others. Great job. Since we don't have any indoor ranges within 2 hours of here it is hard to practice in the winter so I guess I will keep stocking up on ammo for the spring.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Doubledown View Post
    I guess after seeing that I need to admit that everyone else has been right all these years...I am the defect. My M&P never shoots like that, neither does my Kahr, or the XDM, or any of the others. Great job. Since we don't have any indoor ranges within 2 hours of here it is hard to practice in the winter so I guess I will keep stocking up on ammo for the spring.
    Hey thanks, Doubledown.

You are in a trying situation. I, OTOH, have three indoor ranges, two ten miles from my house and one about 18 miles. I only belong to one of them. And the outdoor range is even closer - I do belong to it. Because I'm an official senior citizen, my annual fee is $50. It used to be $25 for seniors. I missed that by one year.

Dry fire. Most of the top competitors do lots of dry firing. That will help get you through the winter. It's not quite the same as shooting - you experience no recoil, you can get into some really bad habits of racking the slide or cocking the hammer after every dry fire - which you wouldn't do in live fire. That becomes habit, so be careful how and when you reset your gun. Go through everything first - shoot, scan, and holster. THEN unholster and reset the gun.

I saw the title.....came in ready to fight.....and leaving motivated and happy! Great shooting tangle!

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Great shooting Tangle.

The videos are fun to watch. I really like that you zoom in, put in the split times, add some commentary etc....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links