Glock 36

This is a discussion on Glock 36 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had my G36 for a while but with the move to Florida I haven't had much time to practice with it. I put 50 ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zacii

Thread: Glock 36

Glock 36

I've had my G36 for a while but with the move to Florida I haven't had much time to practice with it. I put 50 rounds through it when I first got it this past summer and couldn't hit squat with it. I put it in the safe and figured I'd mess with it when I got settled in.

Well, I went to the range a week ago and put several hundred rounds through it. From 7 yards I got to where I could draw the G36 and quickly fire rounds into a 2x2 post-it note. The thing is I was having to aim just off the upper right corner of the note to hit it, but I was consistent with that adjustment and able to do it repeatedly in rapid fire.

I figure I know where I have to aim to get it to hit where I want and I can do it consistently and quickly. As a matter of fact, the quicker I fired the gun the more accurate I seemed to be with it. It is now getting some carry time...just need a better holster for it. I'm thinking CBST...and a couple more mags.

Any thoughts on my "Kentucky windage" shooting? If I can put the rounds where they need to be quickly and consistently, is there any reason to be concerned with aiming off of intended point of impact? I figure the more I shoot it the closer it will come in, I just didn't see a need to wait until that happens to start carrying it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

I would try to shoot from a rested position at about 15 yd and make sure it is the gun, as the shooter can cause the same POI shift with the mechanics of his or her hold and firing technique. Not trying to say anything derogatory.

If the gun is shooting to the left, I would drift the rear sight just a little to the right (move the rear sight the same direction you want the POI to move) . Take the slide off and use a wood dowel or brass punch.

Try to get the POI to equal the POA, otherwise for every distance you shoot at, a different windage adjustment will have to be made - not good for a defensive firearm. The gun should hit where you aim it at SD distances.

Hope this helps,

Jim
    "There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper use of high explosives"
    G. Alan Foster

VIP Member
    Sounds like you need to raise the rear sight and move it to the right. Are these stock Glock sights or aftermarket? I have never had stock Glock sights that were not spot on. Aftermarket may take a bit of fitting and fiddling til you get them right.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

The gun is fine. Glocks take a bit of getting used to.

Run through a dry fire session, and it should clear right up.

Dry fire 5 rounds, then live fire 5... or something similar.

Your Glock shouldn't need the sights adjusted

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    Inspector71 likes this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

It is undoubtedly me, not the gun. Factory sights. I'm just not as used to this gun as my others...and most others I have picked up rather quickly and I have thousands of rounds through them. I figure from 21 feet having to aim a couple inches high and right while point shooting isn't too big of a deal in an SD situation. I'm not using it for competition target, I'm most likely point shooting quickly from somewhat close range. Ideally I would like to get to the point with it that I am my XD40sc, PT709, P95, Bersa T9uc, 442, SP101 which is dead on. I'm just not quite there yet, but want to give it a chance to get there. Question is would you feel comfortable carrying it being able to consistently and quickly put a mag of ammo in a 2x2 square from 21 feet point shooting even if you are having to borrow a tad from the height and right of the intended point of impact? My xd40sc I can put mag after mag into the 2x2 post-it quickly aiming right at it from multiple distances. Same with my 9mms and my revolvers. I'm sure in time I can get there with this one too without having to manipulate the sights...just deciding to carry it while I do.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    BugDude,

Check your sight picture with your Glock, if I remember you didn't shoot the G30 well either. I tend to find they shoot a touch high if you are not used to the sight picture.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I honestly had the same exact problem when I got my first Glock. The more you shoot the more you will get used to the trigger. I am positive that that was it for me because now, they no longer hit low left and I have the sights back to where they were from the factory. Please keep shooting, it just takes a bit to get used to it.

I definately would not hesitate to carry it if I were you. 2 inch groups at 21 feet is good combat accuracy IMO.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Links