.22/.25 MiniMousegun Thread

This is a discussion on .22/.25 MiniMousegun Thread within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In the spirit of the very successful snubbie revolver thread. I dusted off these four Mousers which have been dormant in my safe for a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: .22/.25 MiniMousegun Thread

.22/.25 MiniMousegun Thread

In the spirit of the very successful snubbie revolver thread. I dusted off these four Mousers which have been dormant in my safe for a quarter century:

(Now, you too can admit it if you have any like these in your collection!)

Mini Mouseguns.jpg
    Click to Enlarge

From top to bottom:

1.) Beretta Model 20 .25ACP The only one of these I ever considered carrying (and usually opted not to do so).

2.) West German Walther TPH .22LR alloy frame. (Very rare in the US due to GCA 1968). I should have opted for the even rarer, (and much more reliable) .25ACP. Those familiar with "Walther Bite" from the slide of the classic PP series will find the TPH even more biting.

3.) and 4.) Beretta Model 21A's in .25 ACP and .22LR. The Pimp-Gun nickle finish is softened by the nice, though bulky and somewhat impractical hardwood grips. The .22 version affords cheap practice for the more reliably-functioning .25's. Unlike the more compact, now-discontinued Model 20, these are available in both .22LR and .25ACP.
    Last edited by Glockwatcher; February 21st, 2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: punctuation

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I need to get one for my collection. Smallest I have is 380 and it is way bigger than those.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    I need to get one for my collection. Smallest I have is 380 and it is way bigger than those.
    Actually, some newer .380's, such as the Kahr P380. Ruger LCP and S&W Bodyguard 380 are just as compact, but I have yet to find any of them reliable enough to carry, so I opt for a .38 snub when I can't manage to conceal a Glock 27.

...And just to be perfectly clear, the mousers pictured in the thread-opening post are enjoying their retirement!

My mouse guns are a .32 US Revolver made 1903 and in mint condition. And a Rohm Rg-14 .22, same type used against Reagan. I shoot the Rohm for fun. Got it for 25 bucks.

.25 Beretta

I have a Beretta model 418 or perhaps 420; they aren't marked. I got it for my 'guns of James Bond' collection.20120109203524(1).jpg

Just for the record, they get the web of one's hand if not careful as well.DSC00072.JPG

If interested, I have a full report of this pistol on blog site listed in my sig line.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

As a footnote to my opening post, the Beretta 950 "Jetfire" and "Minx" were the earlier, more compact, single action versions of the Models 20 and 21, in .25ACP and .22 short.

So Archie, did you also acquire a 7.65mm PPK for its "...delivery like a brick through a plate glass window"?

Mouse Guns.

I summarily dealt with the mouse gun infestation in my firearms menagerie. I'm an old geezer and feel that the old-fashioned single-action Victor mouse traps are superior to all others. The proof: (top to bottom) Astra Model 1916 .25 ACP, Helfricht Model 3 .25 ACP, and a Colt Model 1908 .25 ACP properly served with their just deserts.

These are all old mouse guns, likely made within 10 years of each other but they are forged steel, well crafted examples unlike the RG, Jennings, Bryco, Jimenez, Targa, and other low quality .25s produced here since 1968. The Astra dates from sometime between 1916 and 1924, the Helfricht between 1920 and 1929, and the Colt dates to 1922.

The Colt occasionally served as a BUG, tucked in a hip pocket behind the wallet before the Kel Tec P3AT .380 ACP came on the scene. The Colt's now retired for fun uses.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Was it a mouse gun? Bet it was. Some sort of clip of a fellow being shot by his mother-in-law found on the new today. He's alive to talk about it.
    Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Yep, mouse gun at work.
    Florida woman shoots son-in-law over custody battle; man records attack on iPhone (VIDEO)? - New York Daily News

"She asked Miglino to come inside for a talk, but when he refused, she pulled a .22 caliber Beretta pistol from behind the boy's pillow and started firing, cops said."

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    uploadfromtaptalk1329938456989.jpg
    North American Arms .22 mag

uploadfromtaptalk1329938510004.jpg
    Berreta .32

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Three mice. My Seecamp, Walther TPH and a American Arms PX22.

I had a Beretta 21A .22LR, but traded it. It was a decent gun, but the grip was way too thick for what it was. My uncle just inherited a Colt 1908 Hammerless .25 that dates to 1911. A very finely made little pistol.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Those Seecamps are wee little .32s. Size becomes apparent when compared with the Walther TPH.

Nice touch with the mousetraps.

(I wish I thought of it!)

Bought purely as a collectable 1912 vintage Colt Model 1908

bmcgilvray and Glockwatcher like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links