1911s Suck

This is a discussion on 1911s Suck within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; your thoughts on this- 1911s Suck - YouTube Members should be made aware of the fact that some sporadic language in the VID is foul ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree167Likes

Thread: 1911s Suck

1911s Suck

your thoughts on this-

1911s Suck - YouTube

Members should be made aware of the fact that some sporadic language in the VID is foul so if that is going to bother you don't watch the video.

added by qks

2. Remove Ads

Do I actually have to watch the video to respond?
    I was issued the 1911 in service. My opinion? They don't suck. I also realize I'm dealing with a new generation now. One that doesn't have the knowledge, grit, nor willingness to support the country we live in and why we're still here. Things change.

Mall Ninja

Okay, he's a tattooed, bald, self-aggrandizing nitwit who claims to be a 'tactical instructor'.

He reminds me of the nitwit who is the '... only one professional enough in this room to carry a Glock 40...' BANG!

Glocks are adequate self-defense arms. They are pretty good for the semi-trained employee who either isn't interested in learning further skills or the agency doesn't plan on teaching anything more. I did carry one for several years - issue gun - and it worked properly, but it's a clunky gun in many regards and certainly isn't nearly the defensive tool a Government Model or double action revolver can be.

I listened up to his claim "A properly functioning 1911 is as rare as a malfunctioning Glock". That's when the stupidometer pegged and I was done.
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    All I have to say is opinions are like butts. Everyone has one and most of them stink. Some worse than others.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I don't have to watch the video either since anyone with that opinion is either uninformed, ignorant, a fool, or just plain stupid. A design and reliability that's been proven through 100 years of combat duty (Navy SEALS and other spec ops groups never gave it up for obvious reasons) and still remains extremely popular doesn't suck. Perhaps there are newer designs, lighter weight materials, and greater ammo capacity in lesser calibers that make for more convenience to some, but to say a 1911 sucks would come from the same idiot who would say a Mauser action sucks on a fine hunting rifle even though it's much older.

They most certainly do suck. A miserable design. Maybe that's why they've been around 101 years. What a fool.

Archies comment "Okay, he's a tattooed, bald, self-aggrandizing nitwit who claims to be a 'tactical instructor'." Partially set aside,,,as I don't judge people by the amount of hair or tattoos they have...i agree with the self aggrandizing nitwit part, as well as the rest of his comment.... ""A properly functioning 1911 is as rare as a malfunctioning Glock""... rang my stupid-o-meter too....

Do I actually have to watch the video to respond?
    I was issued the 1911 in service. My opinion? They don't suck. I also realize I'm dealing with a new generation now. One that doesn't have the knowledge, grit, nor willingness to support the country we live in and why we're still here. Things change.

Okay...so I did watch the video. I had to in order to give my next opinion. Misconceptions can grow by word of mouth and lack of experience. Quite obviously this guy is a Glockster just like I am.........I like survival weapons. The 1911 will never disappear from use, and for good reasons.

Interesting,I guess.
    He's definately put up some numbers to prove what it is he believes.
    I cant say he is wrong or right because I havent done what he has,or really studied the differences much the way hes stated. I DO know that I tend to respect what a guy like,oh, Massad Ayoob has to say. He tends to put things in laymans perspective for a guy like me who doesnt really give a toot about 1.5 million rds ran through a course.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Five minutes before the prom is no time to learn how to dance.Semper Paratus

Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    Okay, he's a tattooed, bald, self-aggrandizing nitwit who claims to be a 'tactical instructor'.
    You shouldn't judge people with how they look, because if I did I'd have a lot more to say about you, but there are rules on these boards.

Kaboom

Kaboom, you get to make up your own mind about things. However, in my experience, guys who shave their heads and wear tight tee shirts are trying very hard to impress people with how tough they really are. Typically that amounts to lots of situps and pushups and not much in the moral stamina department. Tattoos ring my particular bell due to my experience as well.

Liking ME is completely optional, for that matter. Some days, I ain't so fond of myself.

I'll accept your validation of the other items with respect and gratitude.

RTTR84, 'looks' were not my sole criteria. I also listened to him speak and tell everyone how 'cool' he is. He clearly is either woefully misinformed on the subject or is just plain lying. If you want to just me on my looks, knock yourself out. I know who I am and what I can do; more importantly, what I cannot do. I also know how to tie a tie and not wear a clip on.

Just for the record, are you a Glockophile, a celebrant of the 'tattooed, shaved head, tight teeshirt' style, or both?
    Anyone Worth Shooting Is Worth Shooting Well
    Please take a look at my Blog: http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie View Post
    I listened up to his claim "A properly functioning 1911 is as rare as a malfunctioning Glock". That's when the stupidometer pegged and I was done.
    That was where I turned off the vid, trolling I bet.

HATE videos like this. Who cares what this guys thinks. Guns are like everything else in the world. Some people have bad experiences with specific brands and some dont. Cant we all just coexist. Blocks are not the end all be all gun. coexist.jpg
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

I think his point is that an average production 1911 is not as reliable as a Glock. I don't think he is knocking the customs. If he is...there's some HELL TO PAY!!!!

Hahahahaha

I don't agree that the Glock 19 is the ultimate carry gun either.

Lifetime NRA Member
    NRA, Lifetime Member

The part of hitting the broad side of a barn has always disturbed me in ways. Pistols......pistols were designed for close quarters combat. Pistols are not 100m weapons...they are designed for across the room or up close. I know many law enforcement officers that still choose a 1911 as their weapon of choice. It's silly to think the 1911 is unfounded or defunct as a primary defensive weapon when the purpose is known.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Links