FNH 45's ???

FNH 45's ???

This is a discussion on FNH 45's ??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wanting to know what folks think of the FNH line esp. the 45 .....Thinking about the new FN X-45 da/sa in ss...Thx...

Thread: FNH 45's ???

FNH 45's ???

Wanting to know what folks think of the FNH line esp. the 45 .....Thinking about the new FN X-45 da/sa in ss...Thx
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

I've got an FNP-45. It's one hell of a handgun IMO. I bought it because I was looking for a high capacity .45 primarily for home defense. I also had an FNX-9 that I was very pleased with (it has slightly more than 5000 trouble free rounds through it) and this was one of the reasons I went with FN. I also wanted a gun that had ergonomics similar to my 1911s, e.g., a thumb safety. The FNP-45 has both a thumb safety and a decocker. The gun is pretty large and heavy so I don't think I would want to use it for CCW, but it fits the bill for home defense. It is accurate and a pretty "soft" shooter. Besides, it's pretty hard to beat 15+1.

VIP Member
    I bought one a couple weeks ago, I wanted the H&K USP 45. They did not have one in stock and they are a couple hundred more. Feels great in the hand. Since I have the fiveseveN and an FN rifle so I decided on the FNP 45. I don't have enough trigger time to give you accurate info on it. So far its great!
    Comes in a nice case with 3 15 rnd mags. 29.9 oz without mag 43.2 oz with full mag has 1:16" twist and 6 grove barrel the trigger is sa or da in sa has a light pull. I would not use for conceal carry due to the size, but it would be a great "side arm" or home defense. They run these on sale from time to time. You can purchase 1 for well under 700 bucks brand new!!!

Thx for info..was thinking of using as a edc. Since both of you stated the same thing as being heavy and not for edc will scratch it as such..thanks again for your replies but will def think of it as a nice home defense and also as a nice gun period.
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I wish they offered the FNS in .45 (striker fired).

Links