Prolix gun cleaner

This is a discussion on Prolix gun cleaner within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I tried getting some answers on a 6 year old thread on here but the links werent working. So I decided to try and make ...

Thread: Prolix gun cleaner

Post Prolix gun cleaner

I tried getting some answers on a 6 year old thread on here but the links werent working. So I decided to try and make a new thread about this subject. I have heard good things about Prolix cleaning products. And that it's safe to use on Glocks polymer frames. But I haven't found anyone with info about using Prolix on a H&K USP compact 45 type of polymer frame. I was hoping to find a member on here who has used this product and hopefully on a H&K USP frame if possible. Any information about the product would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Prolix Lubricants Home Page

2. Remove Ads

Has anyone on here ever used Prolix products at all?

I know I haven't. The latest "new to me" gun cleaner I've been using is frog lube. Works and smells great...taste horrible though. Check it out..FrogLube ~ Pressroom ~ It Just Works!
    "When that gun comes out of that holster; it's business time." -Chris Costa

Throw all the "stuff" out of your cleaning box and get some Gunzilla...Check it out on this site...as for lube on your Glock, go to Wally World and buy you a tub of high temp wheel bearing grease, do the six point lube and you'll be ready to rock n roll...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Im sure there are a lot more knoweldgeable people out there on all the detailed specs, but to answer your question I have been using Prolix for the past few years on all of my pistols including a H&K USP full size (40S&W). Most of the time I use the cleaner on all parts and the Xtra Lube on the slide rails. It seems to work very well at cleaning and lubrication and I have not seen any issue with it "eating" plastic. I like that it doesn't leave an oily residue and the mild smell is an added bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by fugiendus View Post
    Im sure there are a lot more knoweldgeable people out there on all the detailed specs, but to answer your question I have been using Prolix for the past few years on all of my pistols including a H&K USP full size (40S&W). Most of the time I use the cleaner on all parts and the Xtra Lube on the slide rails. It seems to work very well at cleaning and lubrication and I have not seen any issue with it "eating" plastic. I like that it doesn't leave an oily residue and the mild smell is an added bonus.
    welcome to the forum

Have you used Prolix as a regular cleaning solution by spraying the parts and wiping them down or have you used it by soaking all the parts and plastic frame in the Prolix?

Thank you, Yoda. WillieSauce, I have not used it to soak parts. I generally spray each piece down and scrub with a nylon brush. Then I wipe down and spray again to float away the grime. Repeat until my rag is clean. For awhile I was interested in ultrasonic cleaning, but I really don't shoot/clean enough to justify it. This method seems to work well for me.

Links