Defensive Carry banner

In need of a "girl" gun

9K views 72 replies 61 participants last post by  xeero 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm very new to the world of handguns- well, guns in general. Due to the recent spike in crime in our area, my fiance decided that we need to start getting familiar with guns. We've been using a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm but it kinda jolts me back. I went shopping today, not really
understanding that much on guns, and I bought a P-64. I took this out today and it basically just killed my hands. It didn't jolt my body, but it kicked my hands pretty hard- to the point I couldn't shoot anymore.
So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any guns that are female friendly. I don't want a revolver and I want one that holds more than 6 rounds.
Also, I'll add that I have little hands and lack strength.
Thanks!!

#68 ·
My fiancee is VERY recoil sensitive. After shooting just about every handgun imaginable, we almost settled on a Walther P22. Then by the grace of god, Walther released the PK380. She fell in love. Light recoil (almost like a .22), 9 rounds total of .380 ACP, and is a perfect size for smaller hands. It helped get her into shooting, and now she is very proficient in handling and shooting a wide range of firearms.

Fast forward a year or two, and she regularly shoots our two Sig P226s, one with Houge grips and the other with E2. This gun has as much recoil as anything else we own other than our 1911, but she liked it. I'd give the Sig a shot as well.

#70 ·
Hello everyone! I'm very new to the world of handguns- well, guns in general. Due to the recent spike in crime in our area, my fiance decided that we need to start getting familiar with guns. We've been using a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm but it kinda jolts me back. I went shopping today, not really
understanding that much on guns, and I bought a P-64. I took this out today and it basically just killed my hands. It didn't jolt my body, but it kicked my hands pretty hard- to the point I couldn't shoot anymore.
So, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any guns that are female friendly. I don't want a revolver and I want one that holds more than 6 rounds.Also, I'll add that I have little hands and lack strength.
Thanks!!
The 9x18 makarov round is actually just a bit weaker than a 9mm and the P-64 is a pretty light gun.

Since you can't grow your hands and probably can't build up your strength too quickly you need to go with a heavier gun
in a medium powered caliber.

Frankly , a 4 inch barrel .38 special would be about perfect as a house gun.

Do you plan on shooting the bad guys more than 6 times? :icon_neutral:

#71 ·
Form, form form. It overcomes a lot of things. Everyone says a women can't shoot a 12 ga 18" barrel. Tell that to my wife. That's what she has for the house. And though she can't shoot it all day, she loves shooting it. When she listened to me about her form, the recoil became much more manageable. Look into the thumbs forward grip for semi autos. It's a very solid grip. Sometimes your hand is getting beat up because the grip is loose, allowing the gun to move too much. Not because the recoil is that bad. And keep practicing.

The Combat Grip

The Thumbs Forward Grip That Gives Awesome Recoil Management (VIDEO) - Gun News at Guns.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.