solution to a carry gun

solution to a carry gun

This is a discussion on solution to a carry gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone need a good CC gun? Your answer is a xd 9 sub compact. I have the 40 Cal tac full size xd etc... aswell ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sgb

Thread: solution to a carry gun

solution to a carry gun

Anyone need a good CC gun? Your answer is a xd 9 sub compact. I have the 40 Cal tac full size xd etc... aswell as a lot more xds. I own colts m &p etc. By far the SC xd 9 is great. Comfy aswell as full size grip or pinky grip.

will add a pic soon.

Don't mind the 30 round clip. It was just icing on the cake haha.

sgb
    Not an XD fan. Much prefer the M&P, but then everyone's different.
    Porp likes this.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    xd's are good guns and I'm looking at the nes xd's online suppose to hit stores March 1, but to each his own, everyone has an opinion, one gun is not for everyone that's why their are so many to choose froma nd so little time to buy
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

XD's are good guns, still prefer a Glock or M&P over it though. On a side note, it's a MAGAZINE, not a clip...

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    Agree, I also believe that Glocks and M&Ps are better.

I'd like the XD better if the grip safety did not lock the slide. That "feature" can make one-handed reloading and failure clearing more complicated than it needs to be.

And I know of at least one person who could not get their XD to fire, because they got a poor grip on the draw, and the grip safety was not properly disengaged. Fortunately, this was in competition and not in a self defense scenario. I think after that, he got a Glock, IIRC.

I prefer simple, so it's Glock for me. But I understand not everyone feels the same. Glad you like your XD, lots of folks seem to.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeyguzzo View Post
    Anyone need a good CC gun? Your answer is a xd 9 sub compact. I have the 40 Cal tac full size xd etc... aswell as a lot more xds. I own colts m &p etc. By far the SC xd 9 is great. Comfy aswell as full size grip or pinky grip.

will add a pic soon.

Don't mind the 30 round clip. It was just icing on the cake haha.
    While it might be the solution for you, not everyone likes the XD series guns, just like not everyone likes Glock, SIG, CZ or who ever the manufacturer is.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I for one much prefer the Glock. And I also like the Glock 26 WITHOUT, the pinky extension. If you put that on there, you might as well get the next size up and have the benefit of the extra capacity.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I have and XD9SC. It's a nice gun, but sits in my office drawer/safe as a desk gun. For me, it is like carrying a 2x4. I prefer a single stack and really like my PPS in 9mm for that role, with a BUG in the weak side pocket.

The XD is a nice line of handguns though. I picked mine up used on a whim for $350 and it looked to be barely used.

One size does not fit all. Options are great, and hopefully your choice works best for you.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Sponsored Links