My new CCW weapon, Glock content

This is a discussion on My new CCW weapon, Glock content within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat Nice, I am very happy with my Gen 3 collection. I started with the 19 and got the 26 for carry. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new CCW weapon, Glock content

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Nice, I am very happy with my Gen 3 collection. I started with the 19 and got the 26 for carry. I can use the 19 mags in the 26 at the range.
    That's the nice thing about a g26...... you can carry with higher capacity mags. I usually carry mine with the 15 rd mag!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFriday View Post
    I thought I saw a pic of a HD Dyna in your photostream.
    Ahhh, I didn't think of that. The bike is indeed mine and it's an '87 FXRS Low Rider, daddy to the Dyna family.

I just ran a few magazines through the G26 and it was flawless with the exception of a round that failed to fire. I definitely will NOT be buying Blazer Brass ammunition again.

Very nice shooting gun, I have a feeling I'm going to love carrying it.
    New Wisconsin CCW Permit holder.

Cool. Looked like it was in very good shape. I've got an Electra Glide Classic.

Glad the range time went well. For ammo, give RWS a try. It's about $12/box at Wally World and can be found for around $10 online. No issues with what I have shot of it so far and seems pretty clean.

You are probably going to fall in love with your G26 I'm guessing. I'm a pretty devoted 1911 fan and lately I've found I been carrying my G26 most of the time now. Great little gun.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Planning on getting a G26 soon myself!

G26 was my first Glock...One week after purchasing, carried it to a Fighting Pistol course with Tactical Response, ran right at 1000 rounds thru it in two days, and bonded with it for life. However, I have to admit, I went out and bought the big brother, Glock 19, which is now my EDC and my G26 is now my BUG...You'll enjoy it I'm sure...Congrats...
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

New Glock 23

Quote Originally Posted by Okemo View Post
    Very nice. Eyeballing a new G23 myself.
    I recently bought a new Glock 23 (Gen 3) at the Ft. Lauderdale Gun Show. As soon as I bought it I sent it out to Templar Custom Arms for a trigger job and slide contouring. It just came back. Turn around time was 2 weeks. Fast! Bob Mezaros (the owner) did a beautiful job (he also cut a Knights Templar shield into the slide, nice!). He finished it off with a beautiful gloss black CeraKote finish and returned my calls promptly every time I called for an update. You can't beat this guy.

Since this is my first Glock (I'm a 1911 guy) I have a few concerns. The slide lock release seems kind of small and is difficult for me to manipulate. Is it just my inexperience with Glocks or do other people find this to be a problem? Is it posible to replace the slide lock release with a larger one? Same goes for the magazine release. Mezaros put notches in the grip to ease the replacement of magazines. He also enlarged and polished the mag well and undercut (and polished) the triggerguard.

All in all I like the gun and I'm pleased as punch with Mezaros' work. I haven't fired the gun yet. It's going off to Robar first for NP3 on the internals and the mags. Anything else I should do to it?

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Here is my G27 along with my G22. I dont have one of just my 27 but I really like it a lot. I wouldc carry it more but my wife carries it .

MyGuns2 005.jpg
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Very nice gun, congratulations.
    US Navy Veteren
    Ruger SP101 357 3" Barrel
    Taurus 65 357 Mag
    Glock 19 Gen3
    Walther PK 380
    www.guntoters.com

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    My wife loves her G27. Glock is an excellent weapon.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

That's great! Congrats! I got the 4Gen a few weeks ago and really like it! Good reliable gun. Stay away from wal mart federal champions… doesn't like them.
    God made man……Sam Colt made them equal.

Beretta PX4 Carrier
    Fourth Gen Glock 26 Carrier

I picked up a 26 last summer and have been extremely happy with it. It is easy to carry and surprisingly accurate. I've moved to 147 gr ammo which my 26 seems to "like" better (and I shoot more accurately) than the 124 gr stuff I had been using.
    Chose a weapon that goes bang EVERY time!

I've been carrying a G26 for over 3 years. Love that gun. Now it gets a rest here and there when I carry it's big brother the G17!
    Question Everything!

The Glock and Mac are both great additions to any lineup, but I didn't see any "Chapstick" in the pics...

Nice pistola!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Used to carry a Gen3 G27...
    Now carry a Gen4 G26...love the 9mm round, after taking a break from it for years.
    9mm feels like a .22LR after .40 cal and .357 magnum for the last couple years!
    G26 is accurate, light, nice capacity, great aftermarket support, etc..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links