"Truck" gun or car gun

"Truck" gun or car gun

This is a discussion on "Truck" gun or car gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just curious but do any of you have a seperate gun (apart from your carry gun) easily accesible in your vehicle?...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: "Truck" gun or car gun

"Truck" gun or car gun

Just curious but do any of you have a seperate gun (apart from your carry gun) easily accesible in your vehicle?

Nope, I keep my guns on my person or in my safe.
    10thmtn, Old School and Ranger45 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Nope. I put my carry weapon in my vehicle when I drive it and take it out when I don't. Having your car broken into is a horrible thing, but it would be even more horrible if they stole your gun too. Also not good to leave a firearm in your car just for the basic car of your firearm. Moisture or humidity (depending on where you live) can affect the quality of your firearm.
    ericb327 likes this.
    ”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
    --unknown

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    I sometimes do when I am delivering, I work in pizza, just in case. Other than that no, just my carry gun/guns. Although if I can get a decent longgun safe for my trunk I might start doing so.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    I used to years ago, but looking back on it, I think it was very irresponsible.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

VIP Member
    Years ago I used to have a car gun, but that was a different time and place. Today it's on me or locked safely away.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Yes I do, I will have my carry piece and I have a Colt Official Police (it's a shooter not a collectible) in the center console as it is an easier reach than my carry when I'm wearing a seat belt. At night it comes in the house.
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

Only when I have to run into someplace that I am not allowed to carry, then it goes right back into the holster on my belt.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I used to do that, but not anymore, now it's just on me. I do tend to carry a different weapon if my time is going to be predominantly driving vs. a short drive and then out and about. If I'm on the road for an extensive period of time, I'll bring a fairly heavy .45 with me, but if it's normal every day in and out of the car I just have my PM9.

And so, I also, depending on the length of the trip, may have two guns with me, but usually under those circumstances, one is packed in luggage, unloaded, and locked.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

A seperate gun just left in the car? No, we'd be hung here in Massachusetts if it ever got stolen. I have a lock box welded to the cab of the truck out of sight I can leave it for a while if I go somewhere I can't carry but it doesn't sit unattended long.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Not one that is easily accessible. I keep an old (OLD) Mossberg bolt action .410 in a soft shell long gun case behind the back seat in my truck and about 20 rounds of 000 buck and some bird shot in the pocket on the case. Not at all a defense gun.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

No. I have a handgun safe bolted in the vehicle if I go somewhere that I cannot carry or if I plan on driving a while and place it there for comfort. It's just too easy to steal guns and other stuff from a vehicle. I don't even leave my good sunglasses on my vehicle over night. I learned my lesson once and at least they didn't get my gun!

1242158309516-1659133886.jpeg

How safe do you think the glovebox in a car is? I am a student, and when I flew home for Christmas break I left my gun locked in my car. I used the lock that came with the gun, then locked the glovebox, and then locked the car.

So to clarify: how hard would it be to break into a locked glovebox? I was nervous the whole time I was away, but I'm wondering if I'm being paranoid.
    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." - St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post
    How safe do you think the glovebox in a car is? I am a student, and when I flew home for Christmas break I left my gun locked in my car. I used the lock that came with the gun, then locked the glovebox, and then locked the car.

So to clarify: how hard would it be to break into a locked glovebox? I was nervous the whole time I was away, but I'm wondering if I'm being paranoid.
    I would say that one good jerk with a crowbar could net you a lot of gloves, or guns, on a crime spree...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Walden View Post

What is your glovebox made from? Plastic? More than likely a screwdriver would get in in just a few seconds. Same goes for the door of most vehicles. All you can do is slow them down as much as reasonably possible. Consoles and gloveboxes aren't much of a deterrent.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links