Easiest 9mm to pocket carry - Page 4

Easiest 9mm to pocket carry

This is a discussion on Easiest 9mm to pocket carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Beretta PX4 storm sub-compact .40 I also have/had a Kahr CM9 and an LCP. I love the LCP but I wanted a ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Easiest 9mm to pocket carry

I have a Beretta PX4 storm sub-compact .40 I also have/had a Kahr CM9 and an LCP. I love the LCP but I wanted a 9mm. If it did not have so many problems with the slide "sticking" back during my first range visit I would say I love the CM9 also. The trigger pull and accuracy on the CM is great. The CM is back at the factory for two more weeks and if I get it back "running" fine I will use it for EDC since the Beretta IMHO is way to heavy/large for spring, summer and fall carry here in Wisconsin. The PX4 is a fine shooting gun but at 30oz a bit heavy for me.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by dnilson View Post
    Also, I know a lot of people feel that a .380 is adequate for self defense, but I've heard it said over and over, by numerous people, that for self defense, you don't want anything less than 9mm or .38.
    the same "numerous people" that say 40's have too much recoil or that 45's are too slow or that 357sig and 10mm are too fast or that you should only carry fmj's or that you should never carry fmj's and on and on. just carry something and forget what the gun nerd that lives at the LGS counter says.
    los likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    the same "numerous people" that say 40's have too much recoil or that 45's are too slow or that 357sig and 10mm are too fast or that you should only carry fmj's or that you should never carry fmj's and on and on. just carry something and forget what the gun nerd that lives at the LGS counter says.
    Well said.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I tried an LCR for the first time the other day

It was an extremely fast draw from a pocket

I currently have a CM9 that is accurate and relaiable, but in some pants, a bit difficult to draw quickly

I may be adding an LCR to the rotation
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I used to pocketcarry a PF9 which I never had a problem but just recently switched over to pocketcarry a SW 642 just abt all the time. When I do wear jeans that do not loose pockets then it is either IWB or a P32...wintertime a Glock 23 or a Sigma 40 in either a side or shoulder holster....
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I just received a Diamond Back D9 from my youngest son. It appears to be the perfect size for pocket carry. As of this writing, I do not have a holster for it so my comment may not be accurate. Once I get a holster for it, I will report back.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

+1 for a PF9. This pistol is LIGHT for a 9mm and cheap enought. It is not for the faint of heart. It has some recoil but it is what it is,a small easy to conceal and carry 9mm pistol.

CM9 in a pocket holster.
    I also have a Taurus TCP .380 for summer carry. Its no 9 but with Hydra shoks it'll put some smack on any bg. (noone wears 4 layers on denim on 90 degree days!)

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I just received a Diamond Back D9 from my youngest son. It appears to be the perfect size for pocket carry. As of this writing, I do not have a holster for it so my comment may not be accurate. Once I get a holster for it, I will report back.

FYI the Desantis SuperFly for pocket carry made for the S&W Bodyguard 380 fits the DiamondBack DB9 very well. I hope this helps. God Bless
    mwhartman likes this.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    LC9
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    LC9
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    I gave up on 9s for pocket carry. A J frame .38 is best for that purpose.
    Exactly what i did........

I think some folks get confused about the primary concern regarding a defensive firearm......that is RELIABILITY. It has to work everytime..... It's a real crapshoot when it comes to finding a reliable pocket 9mm. It seems there is a direct correlation between size of a pistol and reliability. Size goes down, reliability goes down. I usually don't have to dress around my firearm since I'm retired and wear casual clothes (I carry a 45acp pistol), but when I do have to tuck a shirt and "dress up", I pop either a Smith J Frame or my Ruger LCR in my pocket. I also own a Glock 26 that I've had for years that will fit into a larger pocket. It's about as small as I would go with a autoloader pistol.

My search continues...for now I will stick with my LCP. I would love to see something slightly smaller and lighter then the LC9, if that is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    ... the Kahr CM9/PM9 is the best combination of compactness/quality/ and cost in a 9mm pocket gun out there, bar none.
    Agreed (and don't forget to add reliability to your list, not to mention +P). I love my PM9, and chose it after looking closely at all of the options. Having said that, if I had the money, I would snatch up a Rohrbaugh for the best pocket carry option.

Kahr PM9/CM9...

I carry in a Desanitis Nemesis and after a day or so, you don't even realize it's there unless you put your hand in your pocket. I just bought a CLP Clipper (IWB) and I'm not sure I'll even use it that much now.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links