Easiest 9mm to pocket carry

This is a discussion on Easiest 9mm to pocket carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there such a thing? Ruger LC9 is a little too heavy for pocket carry. I would like something I can carry in a pocket ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Easiest 9mm to pocket carry

Is there such a thing? Ruger LC9 is a little too heavy for pocket carry. I would like something I can carry in a pocket holster in cargo shorts that doesn't feel like I'm lugging a brick around.

2. Remove Ads

Kahr PM9, but still heavier than a P3AT or LCP
    franco45 likes this.
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

VIP Member
    Might want to look at the Diamondback 9.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Might want to look at the Diamondback 9.
    Agree, love mine

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Kahr PM9, but still heavier than a P3AT or LCP
    Don't you have to use the slide release on the PM9 vs racking the slide?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    Is there such a thing? Ruger LC9 is a little too heavy for pocket carry. I would like something I can carry in a pocket holster in cargo shorts that doesn't feel like I'm lugging a brick around.
    You have to come to the point that the 3oz, 4sq inch, 9mm is never going to happen. You either give up CC, accept the limits of man's ingenuity with a firearm, or move to something like a small NAA 22mag or a derringer.
    40Bob, Rhcmlc and SWIll like this.

As others have mentioned, the Diamondback BD9 only weighs 15 ounces fully loaded 6+1 which is what the Kahr CM/PM9 weighs empty. Also the Diamondback is a little less than 1/4 of an inch thinner, may not seem like much, but you can feel the difference. However the the Kahr is really nice, but as with ALL manufactures of small guns they too have problems. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    You have to come to the point that the 3oz, 4sq inch, 9mm is never going to happen. You either give up CC, accept the limits of man's ingenuity with a firearm, or move to something like a small NAA 22mag or a derringer.
    I'm not asking for a 9mm that weighs 3 oz. I like to pocket carry my LCP and would like to move up to a 9mm. My LC9 is not a comfortable pocket carry.

I am considering swapping the LC9 for the CM9. From what I hear, the trigger is far superior and it's a tad smaller. It may not be a true pocket carry but the tradeoff seems worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    I'm not asking for a 9mm that weighs 3 oz. I like to pocket carry my LCP and would like to move up to a 9mm. My LC9 is not a comfortable pocket carry.

I am considering swapping the LC9 for the CM9. From what I hear, the trigger is far superior and it's a tad smaller. It may not be a true pocket carry but the tradeoff seems worth it.
    I have a CM9 and I'm very pleased. It has been flawless (well over 600 rounds) and works very well either IWB or pocket. The trigger is far better than the LCP. I do not believe you will be disappointed

Sorry meant LC9.

Are you carrying in your front pocket or cargo? I guess you could go with one of those titanium or scandy jframes. I carry a pm9 in the front pocket and it felt heavy bulky for the first few hours but I quickly got used to it and now forget its there. Picking the right pants and a good belt is important.
    franco45 likes this.

to answer your question,no there is nothing in 9mm that's as easy and comfortable to pocket carry as the lcp,that's what makes the lcp so popular..i also prefer pocket carry,but at times wanted something with more power then my lcp,i went with the lcr..the lcr only weighs 13.50 ozs,but even that is still huge when compared to the lcp..between your two choices the lc9 and cm9,there's only a 1oz difference,not enough to trade one for the other solely on the weight difference..

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Rohrbaugh is probably the smallest, light and easy and well made.
    gunthorp and Glockwatcher like this.

go to the store and start sticking them in your pocket. thats the only way to tell what fits, i have carried the LCR for over a year now and i "forget'' that it is there half of the tiime. i also can carry the cw9 or the cw45 but i wear bibs most of the time and they have big pockets. it just depends on the sort of pants you wear and what YOU consider pocketable
    TSiWRX likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I'm not familiar with the Diamondback 9...how does it stack up weight and size wise to the Walther PPS 9?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links