It seems to me, S&W has changed the trigger characteristics of the M&P....

This is a discussion on It seems to me, S&W has changed the trigger characteristics of the M&P.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have five M&P's and can find little fault with any of them.....actually there is nothing about them I dislike including their triggers and reset. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: It seems to me, S&W has changed the trigger characteristics of the M&P....

I have five M&P's and can find little fault with any of them.....actually there is nothing about them I dislike including their triggers and reset. Had I wanted a Glock trigger, I would have bought another Glock.

I personally think if you look long and hard enough, there is always something to complain about with any gun you buy.....but that just makes me feel bad, so not my thing. I leave that to you guys.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I have five M&P's and can find little fault with any of them.....actually there is nothing about them I dislike including their triggers and reset. Had I wanted a Glock trigger, I would have bought another Glock.
    I understand that. And I've already said the trigger reset is the only thing I was disappointed in. It's not a matter of making the trigger Glock-like. I like the break of the M&P Pro better than my Glock/Rocket setup. But, the reset travel and feel of the M&P trigger is as bad as any I've shot. Apex is making a lot of money off of the M&P trigger. Arthur Viani says he gives thanks every night for the way Glock does their trigger. You know why? Because he gets to sell tons of connectors to make the Glock triggers better.

Just because you can't find any fault with them doesn't mean others can't. Re-read the posts about how many concede the reset isn't what it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    ...I personally think if you look long and hard enough, there is always something to complain about with any gun you buy.....but that just makes me feel bad, so not my thing. I leave that to you guys.
    I agree, that's why I've said several times the reset is the only thing I find that's a disappointment. OTOH, I started this thread as a heads up as to how much better I thought the break was on the Pro, and it's not bad on the standard either. How is that discouraging?

Then I did point out that the gun could be even better if they'd improve the reset, and that's a position commonly held by many.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I had one of the first M&Ps and its trigger was horrendious /////////I can only hope they are better now a days

Senior Moderator
    Guys, just to be perfectly candid, I've been shooting an M&P with a DCEAK and RAM kit for so long, I can't remember what the original trigger felt like. It's very possible that the new trigger is exactly the same as the older models, I just don't know. But I do know, when I pulled the trigger on a Pro, I was instantly impressed. The break is crisp, clean, and sharp. I'm tellin' ya, it feels very much like a 1911 trigger both in travel and break. Well, I'm talking about travel after take up.

My M&P with the Apex kits is lighter, softer, less defined, noticeably less crisp, has a shorter and more pronounced reset. Given the choice of what I have vs a stock Pro trigger, I think I'd pick the Pro even with the reset issue. I can learn to live with the reset - that comes after the shot.

Somebody said the Pro is now available in a 4.25" bbl; I haven't seen one for sale yet, but if it is available, I'd for sure get it. I know Bud's isn't listing one. Anybody know where one is?

Ahhh, I'm going shooting this morning to make up for missing yesterday; I'll ask my LGS while I'm there if they can get one.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links