The Bowie Tactical wait has begun.

This is a discussion on The Bowie Tactical wait has begun. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got home from North Dakota late tast night finally! So this morning I went to my local gun store, and I bought me a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I got home from North Dakota late tast night finally! So this morning I went to my local gun store, and I bought me a M&P9c. Monday morning it will leave faithfully on it's it's way for the full treatment including a leupold deltapoint. I spoke to Mr Bowie this morning and the wait could be as long as 6 months! I don't know how I am going to wait that long so everyone help me stay sane!
    Here's his web site...Smith and Wesson M & P

This is basically what it's going to look like minus the laser grips and with a mat stainless slide.
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    WoW!!
    Pretty neat.
    Almost doesn't look like an M&P!
    I'm keepin' mine stock.
    Can't beat these pistols as far as I'm concerned.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Oh I don't blame you for keeping yours stock, but I have been drooling over his website for months now!

VIP Member
    I had him mount a Delta Point and BUIS on a 3rd Generation Glock 17 for me, and could not be happier. I shipped the slide to Gary Brommeland so he could fabricate a Max-Con V holster for it. He too was extremely impressed with the quality of Mr. Bowie's work.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I think I would run it a bit first just to make sure it runs, then send it in for the treatment.
    Glock Certified Armorer

sgb
    Awesome, I'd love to do the same with a M&P 9
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun. Don't forget, you need before and after pictures of it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Bowie does nice work. I have seen it while at training and may get him to do a red dot with BUIS on my G30 - when I can scrape up the cash for it.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGlock View Post
    I think I would run it a bit first just to make sure it runs, then send it in for the treatment.

Same here but the guy sure does first class work.

Well it had to ship from a ffl so I bought it and had them summarilty put it in a box and ship it. So weird buying a firearm and not taking possesion.

VIP Member
    You might ask David to put a box through it prior to working on it just to be sure there are no warranty issues.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Talked to mr bowie today, at his recommendation im going to have him coat the slide afterall. Im going with coyote tan. Six months is going to be a long time... Also got a bottom line, $1160.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    Also got a bottom line, $1160.
    I think I'll stick with my $450 stock M&P....no matter how much money I put into a pistol, I still can't see the target at 25 yards......getting old sucks. I do like the little Star Wars Blaster sight on the top, though. Very cool.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I think I'll stick with my $450 stock M&P....no matter how much money I put into a pistol, I still can't see the target at 25 yards......getting old sucks. I do like the little Star Wars Blaster sight on the top, though. Very cool.
    +1 you old dinosaur bone.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Well not to make fun at all but if your having trouble focusing on a target, a rds is just the thing. Standard sights have 3 planes that one has to pay attention two, the rear sight, the front sight and the target. Impossible to focus your eyes on all 3. With a rds you just focus on the target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links