Colt 1911 not working as expected. Neither is Glock - Page 3

Colt 1911 not working as expected. Neither is Glock

This is a discussion on Colt 1911 not working as expected. Neither is Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am more concerned with the Glock not working then the Colt. ;)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Colt 1911 not working as expected. Neither is Glock

I am more concerned with the Glock not working then the Colt. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    After reading all the bad stuff about 1911s in the " 1911s suck" thread, I thought I would run mine this morning in my local IDPA competition. Well something went terribly wrong; I won. Even with my cobbled up reloads, using the dirtiest powder since, well, dirt, it went thru 200 rounds without a hiccup. Despite numerous speed draws from the holster, some without the fireing grip I desired, I could not even get the damn grip safety to fail to engage! Surely something is dramatically wrong here, as mine is a plain jane Colt Goverment Model, with all original parts, with 2 factory 8 round mags and Wilson 47Ds. It is not feasible that all the people so much against this platform could be so full of it?

So, not wanting to leave well enough alone, I took my remaining reloads to an indoor range, and now with an absolute filthy gun, hoped to get at least a bobble of some kind.
    Nice shooting glockman!
    Sorry the outcome came out so wrong. Dang 1911 should have known better................... Troll ; )

I just wanna say that It never ceased to go bang, and I shot it better than the other various handguns in his collection. I think the .45 is what is going to get me to start reloading in the coming months.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links