SA XD 357sig, G30, or Kahr P45 Which would you prefer and why?

This is a discussion on SA XD 357sig, G30, or Kahr P45 Which would you prefer and why? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Made the mistake of holding the P45 Kahr today and got the darn bug again. Give me your opinion of the guns listed and a ...

Thread: SA XD 357sig, G30, or Kahr P45 Which would you prefer and why?

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

SA XD 357sig, G30, or Kahr P45 Which would you prefer and why?

Made the mistake of holding the P45 Kahr today and got the darn bug again. Give me your opinion of the guns listed and a brief explanation. Of those listed I have the XD 357.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

I have a Kahr PM9 and want another Kahr in 45 my Kahr has been flawless, great trigger and accurate as well as very easy to carry. The Glock 30 is a nice weapon I have shot one that my son owned I was not all that impress with it, the XD 357sig I think this cartridge has some advantages, however, I don't like grip safeties. My pick would be the Kahr P45

VIP Member
    I'd choose the Kahr P45. I own a CW45 and have not had any problems with it, and am partial now to the caliber.

As for the Glock 30, I'm not a Glock fan, doesn't mean it's not a good gun, just not my thing.

The XD .357Sig like the Glock is probably a fine gun, I just don't care for the caliber and price of ammo for it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The only Kahr I am interested in is the one I have - the PM9 - because it can fit into a pocket.

If I'm going to go larger, it's going to be a Glock. I ordered a Glock 30 myself recently...going to be picking it up soon.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I have (won, actually) an XD Service in 357 Sig. I don't really care for it, especially when compared to any of my three Glock pistols. The XD has no trigger "reset" and is bigger than the Glock (and my S&W Sigma too), and my XD only holds 12 rounds. The comparable Glock (G23 for the 4" barrel) holds 13 and my Sigma 40 (same size round for the most part) holds 14.
    The grip is too long on the XD, both of the others have a different shaped or slightly shorter grip and "hide" better under a loose,open shirt...my preferred summer cover. All that said, I'd go for the G30 myself. The 357Sig ammo is expensive (the only one of several calibers that I don't load for, and have no plans to).
    So you know where my vote goes, the Glock all the way.

Glock...
    The man's nuts....grab 'em!
    A pistol free zone is a crime spree zone!
    NRA Life Member

Links