not sure if glock is a good fit maybe trade to m&p

This is a discussion on not sure if glock is a good fit maybe trade to m&p within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a g19 a few weeks ago and now have about 800 rounds through it. I shoot it fine but nowhere near as well ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: not sure if glock is a good fit maybe trade to m&p

I bought a g19 a few weeks ago and now have about 800 rounds through it. I shoot it fine but nowhere near as well as my xd9sc. I just don't shoot fast as well as I am used to. It doesn't point for me. Do you guys have similar problems. I'm thinking about trading for m&p but I already have put night sights and a few extra mags and a few holsters. What you guys think.

VIP Member
    Not sure how long you've had it, but I'd recommend giving it 3 or 4 months before you decide whether it works for you or not.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I submit to you sir, that as a 1911 person, you have NOT grown accustomed to the "Glock Trigger Reset".

The length of the Glock trigger pull from beginning to end is about a half-inch, but the final stage that fires the gun is only 1/8 of an inch. Which means that trigger reset is only 1/8 of an inch. Which means that, if you train yourself to hold the trigger back during firing and then let the trigger out only until you hear or feel the distinctive reset “click” at 1/8-inch before you press the trigger again, you can fire a Glock at speeds approaching submachine gun cyclic rates.

Here is a good article about the Glock trigger: The Enigmatic Glock Trigger from Living with Glocks

I encourage you to practice practice practice, and practice some more, getting used to the Glock trigger reset. Once it becomes ingrained into your trigger finger muscle memory, you will not only fire faster, it allows you to concentrate on that front site, and get on target faster... Hope this will help you...Give that G19 a bit more time and a better chance to grow on you...JMO
    Tangle, 10thmtn, WHEC724 and 1 others like this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I once owned a Glock 27 and carried it for a few years as an off duty gun and into retirement as a carry gun. The pistol never malfunctioned and was as accurate as any other pistol I have fired. Trouble is, it just did not fit my hand. When firing, the grip angle caused my index finger to come in contact with the frame above the trigger guard. There was just no way to adjust my grip, and when firing more than 50 rounds or so, a blister would develop on my finger. I traded the Glock and associated gear for a S&W 457, which worked much better for me.

Last year I found myself ready to pick up another striker fired pistol and actually did research before buying, a departure from my usual habit. I settled on a Springfield XD, .40 sub-compact, which fits my hand perfectly and I can't say enough about how much I like the XD trigger. For me, the XD is a perfect platform. (Your mileage may vary.)
    Sui juris
    U.S. Navy Veteran '65-'69
    Retired Police Detective '71 - '01
    LEOSA Certified
    NRA Life Member / SAF Member
    U.S. Constitution (c) 1791, All Rights Reserved.

I do own an xd and yes I love the trigger. But not how it carries. I'm a linemen and I carried the glock the other day just to see if it was comfortable to where at work. I even climbed poles with it on inside a king tuck. It was a pleasure I ha e not experienced while carrying the xd.

Glocks are for Glock folks. Only one way about it....you either are or you're not. If you can't do well with the Glock...by all means go back to what you had or did well with. No reason for you to pursue the Glock now. Many do get dismayed with the feel of the Glock trigger. You do need what works best for you on the street. Anything else would be risking your life. Carry what's best for you. Simple rule.

M&P is a much better weapon Glocks are extremely over rated.

If you shoot the SA well, and you like it stick with that. Plus you'll have interchangeability between Mags of the same caliber. The "M" is out in SC as well, give it a feel it's a very nice gun.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

It is all about what fits in your hand best.
    I've bought 3 M&Ps since they came out, because, for me, they are more comfortable, and point better, but, I still have 3 Glocks.
    They are all about the same for accuracy. Not great, but, not horrible either.
    ironmike86 likes this.

I have to agree with the 1SG....give it time...however, I have and love my M&P....

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    M&P is a much better weapon Glocks are extremely over rated.
    Ouch! Really? Who over rates them? S&W is always gonna be a soft spot with me. I have many reasons not to trust them no matter what they make. They'll never be in my good graces since they sold out all of us. You may not remember those days......I do.
    ironmike86 likes this.

Could I get that list of those who say Glock is overrated?
    I must have missed it.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

While I do feel that a Glock 19 may very well be the most well-rounded pistol out there, owning one and shooting one really doesn't do much for me. I know it's just a tool so it shouldn't matter, but I recently got rid of mine and picked up a Sig Sauer P225. The Sig is heavier, holds far fewer rounds, and is more expensive (both the pistol and magazines) but I enjoy shooting it and I shoot it much better than I could ever shoot a Glock. I've bought and sold a LOT of guns in the relatively short period of time that I've been shooting but from now on I'm only buying guns that I truly enjoy shooting, and as of now, that means no Glocks.

Screw glock.....
    Come to the dark side (m&p)
    johnbergsing likes this.

VIP Member
    Why not collect more? Get the M&P keep the Glock become an expert on both. Look the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. Get used to the Glock and stop complaining about it. or get out your wallet and get another brand.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links