Defensive Carry banner

What brand

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  Harryball 
#1 ·
What is the best concealed carry out there?

#2 ·
Well you are going to get hundreds of different opinions. You really can't go wrong with Glock, Sig, HK, XD, M&P, or any other brand I know I am missing. It is all personal preference. I myself carry a Glock 19 everywhere and I trust my life with it. I say go to a store where you can rent handguns and shoot some and see which one you like.

#22 ·
^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^

Kinda like walking into a bar and asking 50 people what the best beer/whiskey/vodka is.

Are you familiar with firearms?
Do you know anyone familiar with firearms?
Can you go shoot various brands of firearms, either from friends, or by going to a range and renting a few different pistols?

#24 ·
This right here.

#9 ·
there are dozens of very good guns on the market as well as many bad ones.
what is the best gun for me isn't necessarily the best gun for someone else.
you need to try to shoot as many different kinds of guns as possible to determine what is the best for you.
many of us buy and sell many guns before finding the best one.

the best advice would be to stick to the premium brands to begin with and then look at some of niche guns after gaining more gun knowledge.

#10 ·
Gun Firearm Trigger Brass Revolver

Oh. Wait. That was open carry.

Giving a straight answer... you need to be specific about your needs and situation: if you're big or small, where you'll be carrying (small of back, pocket), if you'll be wearing a cover garment or not, if you prefer a revolver or a semi-auto... lots of variables. Then you have to 'try them on' and make a best guess. You've asked a question similar to "what is the best vehicle" - farm, race, load-carrying, amphibious... lots of answers depending on your needs.

Wish you the best!

#11 ·
I have the PX4 Storm 9mm in Inox and love it. Some people find it a bit big and wide but I find in comfortable and like the capacity it provides. But it is available in compact and subcompact. I recommend finding someone that has one or a place that rents them and try them out. I personally like the feel of the full size which I got and the sub compact with the pinkie extension best. The compact just didn't feel as good in my hands. Tthere are grip extensions now that will also allow you to use the full size mags in the smaller guns so thinking about adding the subcompact to my collection as well and being able to utilize my full size mags with it.

Revolver Starting pistol Everyday carry Airsoft gun

#12 ·
The best carry arm is the one you can shoot the best and that fits your hand aswell a method of dress etc. Seriously, and not to be short with you but, what works for me may well be something you find problems with. I am around 6' and weigh 280lbs and have big hands. I like big grips, thick pistols and OWB carry. Chances are what I like to carry is probably too physically large for you. Handle and, if possible, shoot any potential candidates. As of brands, Sig, S&W, Glock, Ruger, Kahr, Kimber, Para Ordance, Beretta, Colt, Springfield as well as several others make fine firearms. I am however not a Taurus, Kel-Tec, Highpoint or Charter fan.

I wish you the best my friend!

#13 ·
That's like asking, "What's the best pair of shoes out there?"
When you have 25 responses, you'll have 22 Glocks and a few other makes/models...:rolleyes:
>
>
>
>
>
This is something where you have to visit gun shops and 'handle' the merchandise until one of the firearms starts calling out your name.:yup:

#15 ·
Just to throw another out their to consider -- walther. The PPS, PPQ, and P99 are all fine pistols.
For semi-auto get something 9mm or bigger. If you choose a revolver then .38 spl (+P) or bigger will work.

In any case, if possible, test out potential choices first.

#16 ·
The one you have loaded and with you when you need it..
I have options I chose one of m Rugers most of the time.
The SR9C purchased a while back has moved to the number 1 slot for CC most of the time.

#17 ·
^^^^^^^^^what they said^^^^^^^^^^^

#20 ·
There is no answer to your question.

Some criteria to consider...

size and weight of the gun
caliber
ammo capacity
reliability
aftermarket support (holsters, gear, etc)
warranty
price
cost of the ammo
controllability for YOU - including firing one handed, and one-handed with your off-hand
trigger "feel"
what experience/training you already have, if any (you may want to stick with a manual of arms you already know)

Take your time, get some training, try out as many different guns as you can.

#23 ·
A Glock lover will say a Glock, a 1911 lover will say a 1911, a CZ lover will say a CZ, a Kahr lover will say a Kahr.....do we see a pattern to this?

There is no BEST carry gun. It depends on what feels good to you and what you shoot well. Find a gun range and rent many different guns to fondle and shoot. See what works best for you and you'll have the best varry gun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.