Just simplified my carry life.....

This is a discussion on Just simplified my carry life..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You can never have to many firearms....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Just simplified my carry life.....

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    You can never have to many firearms.
    Old School, 223to45 and WHEC724 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Not every gun ion the world has been used in combat....what is the outcome of actual combat situations....I hear a lot about GLOCKS being a great carry weapon...but most people who espouse the GLOCK have never used it in actual combat....therefore I take what they have to say about it with a grain of salt....police use is a different matter....usually the police are drawn and ready with backup and usually greatly outnumber the target....have you ever had to use your carry weapon in actual combat...I have, and I used an army issue 1911....and I will never carry one again....most of the 1911 aficionados like the gun because of perceived coolness, almost all of them have no experience with it in a life or death situation.....hope that answers you question..

Quote Originally Posted by Toorop View Post
    Just about every gun in the world has been used in an actual confrontation. Could you expand on what you mean?

depends on why you have them

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyColby View Post
    You can never have to many firearms.

[B] Going with the G19 and SP101 as the "Go To's" for the majority of my carry needs..BUT the Colt Gov't has been a "safe queen" TOO long..that with some new Wilson Mags(that I need to purcahse)will be the "alternative auto" in the rotation. Let's say "2 and half guns" sums up my carry rotation now.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Mascariot: Did the 1911 fail in that confrontation? The issue 1911's we had when I was in were rattle-traps..being so old. They did go BANG, but the tiny sights almost made it a "point shooting" pistol...hard to shoot accurately.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

<<< Like this? This is my nightstand gun. I'm not a believer in having only a couple of options, I choose the gun for the dress, the occasion and location. That and I just like having a lot of guns lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockJS View Post
    Glad to hear I'm not going nuts! LOL

The reason for the Glock 19 is pure WANT!!! More fun at the range. And yeah, it would be nice to add a tac light at the end of my home defense weapon(I usually just use a Surefire in the off hand).

I already use the mag extenders for my Glock 26. Matter of fact, my back up mag is usually a G19 mag. Heck, if my cover shirt is loose enough the mag in the gun and the back up mag are both G19 mags!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mascariot View Post
    depends on why you have them
    In my case it's because I can........

Regards,

FlaRon
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Man I would have kept the G21 for a nightstand gun!
    Why can't the G26 do double duty as a carry gun and HD; it very capable of doing both. High capacity doesn't mean safety

beware the man that has only 1 gun,he probably knows how to use it
    prepare for the worst;Hope for the best

I'm currently up to 4 carry guns. Although 2 of them are used 99% of the time. I just can't seem to let the others go. I feel a bit neglectful! So today I'll carry one of the others!
    Question Everything!

Not every gun ion the world has been used in combat....what is the outcome of actual combat situations....I hear a lot about GLOCKS being a great carry weapon...but most people who espouse the GLOCK have never used it in actual combat....therefore I take what they have to say about it with a grain of salt....police use is a different matter....usually the police are drawn and ready with backup and usually greatly outnumber the target....have you ever had to use your carry weapon in actual combat...I have, and I used an army issue 1911....and I will never carry one again....most of the 1911 aficionados like the gun because of perceived coolness, almost all of them have no experience with it in a life or death situation.....hope that answers you question..
    I am one of those that have carried a issued 1911 in combat. Viet Nam 1965-66--- 1969-70. I qualified with an expert rating in the USMC with it.

I have carried a 1911 Colt Combat Commander in .45 ACP as a BUG to my issued S&W Model 15 as an LEO. I am carrying a 1911 today as my EDC.

I don't carry any weapon because of "perceived coolness" I carry a weapon that works for me. Enought said.

FWIW I also carried/used a Glock for several years. It also worked for me.

Being in Northern Maine, I've never considered carrying two weapons--maybe I should. I carry SIG229 .40 in a nice galco OWH and depending on mode the Springfield HD sub-compact 9mm. I must admit, my interest in guns/shooting in the past few years has become almost addictive. so the wife tells me. I fire nearly 2000 rounds per month in the good weather season and nearly as much during the winter months. I have many and shoot them all except a commentorative S&W 357 model 626. Currently looking at the CZ line, in particular the CZ83 .380 or 9mm. Extremely tight tolerances and compact. Does anyone have CZ firearms???? I have a CZ75 Shadow Target for competition on order--can't wait.

Combat use of a handgun in military conflict is hardly an indicator of whether a pistol is suitable for defensive carry or not. Having had experience with both, I can tell you that the Glock would be a far superior choice for our military sidearm than the Beretta M9, and if you like .45, the G21 would be a far better choice than a 1911. Period. Lighter (ask a soldier if he needs to add more weight to his gear), tough as nails, simple to maintain and operate, high capacity, reliable. Anyone can be trained to detail strip and service a Glock pistol in one day.

Police use of a pistol is actually a better indicator of suitability for civilian defensive carry than combat use, as the handgun is the police officer's primary weapon the vast majority of the time. Many police shootouts are one on one, not "several" officers outnumbering the target. Besides, what does the number of people involved have to do with it? A handgun either works or it doesn't. Made-up scenarios have nothing to do with the reality of whether a particular pistol works or not. Are you suggesting that police never shoot anyone with the Glocks that 65% of US law enforcement agencies carry? I'd have to completely disagree with you. Police across the US shoot a LOT of people, and it's usually in the same type of scenario as a civilian carrier (defense of self or others), rather than the military scenario where the pistol is only a last ditch weapon behind rifles, machine guns, grenade launchers, armor support and airstrikes.

Your comment actually makes little sense, as you deride the 1911, which HAS certainly been used in combat, but also sniff at the Glock because it supposedly has not been used in combat. I'd be curious to know what you carry every day, just for curiosity's sake.

By the way, the Glock certainly has been used in combat. Not only have some of our special forces troops used them, but it they are used in military units around the world. The US doesn't have the only military in the world, you know.

I've also decided to simplify, and am sticking with Glock across the board for all of my "working" pistols. Everything other pistol I have or buy in the future is a range toy or keepsake, besides a few revolvers stashed here and there.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

Anything more than a few is a hobby not a necessity. Hobbies can be addictive
    Vaquero 45 likes this.

The gun went bang clip emptied, no one stopped coming....I took cover....huey took care of the rest

Quote Originally Posted by old grunt View Post
    Mascariot: Did the 1911 fail in that confrontation? The issue 1911's we had when I was in were rattle-traps..being so old. They did go BANG, but the tiny sights almost made it a "point shooting" pistol...hard to shoot accurately.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links