Thinking of trading...already....wwyd

This is a discussion on Thinking of trading...already....wwyd within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of trading my SA XD 357sig for a Kahr P45...thoughts? Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk...

Thread: Thinking of trading...already....wwyd

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

Thinking of trading...already....wwyd

I'm thinking of trading my SA XD 357sig for a Kahr P45...thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

Even trade? The Kahr is used??
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I loved my little Kahr PM9 but the trigger on the 45 was sooooo long I couldn't shoot it accuately. I kept thinking it would improve with time but no. Maybe you should rent one before buying ?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberpackn View Post
    I'm thinking of trading my SA XD 357sig for a Kahr P45...thoughts?

I think you need to give us more information about both guns. How long have you had your XD, round count, any malfunctions? Is the P45 new, cost of it?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

The xd is used I bought it used. No scoring or holster tracks...came with case two mags loader holster...lock...the p45 is also used same general good condition...the xd sold for 425 the kahr is at 500

We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Depends??

Do you want a smaller pistol?
    Do you want one with more round count?
    There is something about the .357 sig that is appealing, and therefore you bought it.
    I'd keep the XD and save for another pistol, unless you have a handful already.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Depends??

Do you want a smaller pistol?
    Do you want one with more round count?
    There is something about the .357 sig that is appealing, and therefore you bought it.
    I'd keep the XD and save for another pistol, unless you have a handful already.
    Point well taken...The issue with the XD is that I underestimated how cumbersome it would be to carry. IT IS HEAVY. The gun shoots like a dream. Not dead set on trading. Just fishing for now.

Patrick Henry

I have three Kahr arms and all them shoot very well and the trigger INHO is long but consistent and you can master it by shooting more. My TP45 is one of the most accurate autos i own. The PM9 is the easiest to conceal and the CW9 is right in between. Heck the 45 is a good well proven defense round and the price on the Kahr if it is used seems a little high..

Didn't you just buy the Springer? Good Lord. Keep it, save up, and buy the Kahr.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Didn't you just buy the Springer? Good Lord. Keep it, save up, and buy the Kahr.
    I know I know....it's a sickness...lol

Patrick Henry

I would keep it brother.................Then go buy the Kahr, you'll miss shooting the Springfield. This is from experience. Just MO.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    I would keep it brother.................Then go buy the Kahr, you'll miss shooting the Springfield. This is from experience. Just MO.
    There it is right there.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I had a Kahr PM45 and it was light & thin, but double taps very challenging.

You might consider changing the username to "pistolpackn" or "packnsomthin"
    No internal lock or magazine disconnect on my pistols!

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I had a Kahr PM45 and it was light & thin, but double taps very challenging.

You might consider changing the username to "pistolpackn" or "packnsomthin"
    Well...I think I will keep my name the same due to my love of my Kimbers. I went back to the range and shot my XD again and I do enjoy it. Guess I'll just save up.

Patrick Henry

Links