Did something I never thought I'd do

This is a discussion on Did something I never thought I'd do within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I broke down and bought a Glock. Not that I have anything personal against Glock. I just like how other guns feel more so than ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By joker1

Thread: Did something I never thought I'd do

I broke down and bought a Glock. Not that I have anything personal against Glock. I just like how other guns feel more so than how I like the Glock. That being said I saw this G19 at my local gun store and I couldn't resist. The thing that set this gun apart was the sights. I've seen similar but never played with them or used them. After putting 150 rounds through the gun today I can say I love it. So this is a factory glock and came with Trijicon night sights. I looked at their website and I can't find these sights as an option anywhere. The front yes the rear no. Anyways here are some pics. I tried to take pics of the sights in the dark but the Iphone doesn't pick them up well. They are pretty bright to the naked eye though.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

I myself wrote a very similar post last October. I hope your Glock works well for you. Mine transformed into a SIG 226. Folks that run Glocks love 'em, and the 19 seems to be the favorite.

I've been around Glocks for a long time. Since they became popular with the local LEO community. I've never had one fail on me and never had a major issue. On a good note if I have an issue my father is a Glock certified armorer. So far the thing is spot on accurate and I love it. I am trying to track down those sights to put on my XD. But. . . now that I have the glock I am thinking about selling the XD for the Sig 1911 ultra nitron or the Tacops Carry. We'll see.

You have yourself a fine weapon...enjoy!
    Toorop likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

BTW anyone know what sights those are? I haven't been able to find them on the Trijicon website. I know the front is Trijicon as it says as much on the blade. Is it Ameriglo that uses Trijicon tubes?

Edit: Went to the Ameriglo website and it is the CAP sight from them.

Did the same thing a month ago too. I was never really a Glock fan, or a poly gun fan in general, until I broke down and trade for a G26. Now I totally get it, that gun just felt natural immedietly!

Good job, have fun with your G19!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You have yourself a fine weapon...enjoy!
    I could not agree more. I love the Glock 19. It is my daily carry gun. The damn thing just works like clockwork.

Glocks are good little guns.

I prefer the 19 like yours and the 17.

Presently I don;t own one but over the years I've bought and sold or traded 8 of them.

Not a single one ever gave me any problems except the occasional mag related feed jam. Which was cleared up with new mags.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new gun.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

3rd generation GLOCK 19, you've hit the jackpot!
    First Sgt likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Gen3 + G19 + Trijicons =

I have a Gen 4 G 19 that came with Glock factory installed night sights. I have no idea if they are Trijicons but, like the gun, they work.

Enjoy you new gun!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I have a Gen 4 G 19 that came with Glock factory installed night sights. I have no idea if they are Trijicons but, like the gun, they work.

Enjoy you new gun!
    I want to say that the factory night sights are Mep's but don't quote me on that. For whatever reason this one got shipped to my local gun guy with the ameri glo CAP's on it. I wish I had a camera that would pick up how bright these things are at night. The other thing I really liked is I recently started training myself to shoot lefty as I'm a righty. If needed I want to be able to effectively use both hands and heck why not carry glock 19 cross draw on one hip and SA xd40 on the other? :) Thanks guys I'm incredibly happy with this purchase.

On a side note my buddy picked up a RIA 1911 9mm That thing is ridiculously fun to shoot. I didn't have any issues with it but when he shot it he had 3 FTF's and he had an issue with the first round diving insted of chambering. He is ordering a few Wilson Mags for it hoping that will solve part of the problem. Not sure what the deal was with the ftf's though.

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Glock just started shipping pistols with those sights. I saw them for the first time at the last local gun show.

Have fun with the new pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    3rd generation GLOCK 19, you've hit the jackpot!
    Ahhhh, the JOKER1 speaks the truth.....
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Links