Think twice about the purchase of a CM9 - Page 4

Think twice about the purchase of a CM9

This is a discussion on Think twice about the purchase of a CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never posted a range report when Santa brought me my Kahr... but I took it out and ran 150 rounds through it right out ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Think twice about the purchase of a CM9

I never posted a range report when Santa brought me my Kahr... but I took it out and ran 150 rounds through it right out of the box with shipping grease and everything. No cleaning and relubricating, no racking the slide x00 number of times, etc etc.

Out of the 150 rounds (was gonna go 200, but my hands got tired) I only had ONE failure to feed, and I'm pretty sure I limp-wristed it. It was really cold out (I don't think it broke freezing all day), so the 'shoot five, reload cold rounds, shoot five, reload' routine was doing a number to my delicate geekly hands so I'm pretty sure that the FTF was my own fault.

The spring was noticeably lighter when I was done. And everything was WAY smoother after I cleaned it... between the fouling (100 rounds of my test was with WWB) the crappy packing grease (super sticky stuff), and the cold, I anticipated having some issues, but everything ran smooth.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Kahr's only had a 5 year warranty on their firearms or did they recently change it; and that Taurus firearms have lifetime warranties that follows the firearm and not the owner ??? God Bless
    That is correct, Kahrs have a 5 year warranty for the original owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

If you buy your Kahr from a Davidson's designated dealer, the original owner has a lifetime warranty: something wrong-- send it back for repair or replacement. Their CS is what finally convinced me to get a CM9 today! I have not read one thread on this forum that complained about the CS at Kahr: hard to beat that for confidence!
    zonker1986 likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    If you do end up calling Kahr's tech support...there is a tech there with a thick English accent. He knows his stuff.
    I got him as well
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Kahr's only had a 5 year warranty on their firearms or did they recently change it; and that Taurus firearms have lifetime warranties that follows the firearm and not the owner ??? God Bless
    - The older Kahr firearms had a Limited Lifetime warranty. It's one of the reasons I still have my MK9. The easiest way to tell is the back of the owner's manual.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by bandrich View Post
    Is it because the firearm is so small or QC is lacking. I don't know. If the factory can fix this gun I will be the first to say I love it and it will be my EDC.
    Please do let us know how it goes--I read in another thread that you actually had it back in Wuhrstah getting a look at. I'd guess that it will be put into working order by some guy with machinist's honing stone in his hand knocking off edges and rough spots that don't get handled at the factory--but of course that's total speculation on my part.

I did recently experience what sounds like similar symptoms with my K40--failing to go into battery (by quite a bit). But, this turned out to be a simple matter in my case and unrelated to your situation. I was running handloads, loaded with cast bullets sized to .402". When I resized a few hundred to .401", I had no problems, and none of my plated-bullet handloads (.400") were an issue. The bigger bullets cycle with no issues in the M&P, but fail at about 100% in the Kahr.

While I believe a premium product should work without issues new from the factory, your experience isn't all that uncommon with many brands and products. It's the sort of thing that makes more comfortable with buying used--that's no guarantee of anything, of course, but it generally gives me some added confidence.

We all certainly wish you the best of luck with our friends at Kahr--again, let us know how this all turns out.
    “If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.” T Bankhead
    National Mill Dog Rescue www.milldogrescue.org

It's important to clean these little gems before that first range session. I have talked several people into CW9's and I had one friend that had some ftrb issues when she picked it up. I pulled it apart at the range and wiped the oil off of it and she hasn't had an issue since and neither has anyone I've convinced to buy Kahr pistols. I carry a CW9 as my EDC and my wife applied for her CPL today and wants a CM9. I have no reservations about buying her one. I love Kahr pistols.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links